Cinderella Team dilemma

BigD

It’s great and wonderful for their fan bases but it usually comes with a high price tag. As coaching changes happen and the next hot coach hire happens as these small college coaches earn their chance to move on to a bigger stage.

So who has caught your eye out of some of these lower seeded schools that have pulled upsets?

Loyola is an obvious one and maybe ACU?

Is it really fair to call Loyola a Cinderella team after their run a few years ago. I think then they were definitely a Cinderella, but this year I don't really see them as such. While I'm sure very few expected them to get past Illinois I think many saw them as a team that had the potential to go on a decent run if they got the right draw on Selection Sunday. I just don't see them as a Cinderella anymore.

ACU??? If this year has a Cinderella they could very well be it as they're off to a great start.

Iowa’s current coach and precious coach are great example’s of this as both left smaller schools to move onto the big stage of the Big Ten.

I think most would agree that Fran is much more well liked than Steve was. Steve rubbed a lot of people the wrong way. It probably didn’t help that he was a former Indiana player.

Boston College and Washington State were out of a little bit bigger conferences and a little bit better known schools (Davis/Raveling) but Lute coming out of Long Beach State was a significant jump up from a small college to the big stage.................. plus Lute was only there for one year which is really amazing.
Is it really fair to call Loyola a Cinderella team after their run a few years ago. I think then they were definitely a Cinderella, but this year I don't really see them as such. While I'm sure very few expected them to get past Illinois I think many saw them as a team that had the potential to go on a decent run if they got the right draw on Selection Sunday. I just don't see them as a Cinderella anymore.

ACU??? If this year has a Cinderella they could very well be it as they're off to a great start.
That a great point and with his big upset over Illinois certainly their coach will be catching the eyes of other programs.

Nervously watching in my office at work as the clock ticks away with just two hours from tip off at 1000 am (MST here in Utah). I will definitely feel a monkey off of our backs if we can win this one and get to the next round.

Even though we are favored to win seeing what happened to the B1G yesterday was painful to watch and is causing some anxiety. I want to see Luka continue on down the road a little further.

Go Hawks!!!

I think most would agree that Fran is much more well liked than Steve was. Steve rubbed a lot of people the wrong way. It probably didn’t help that he was a total douche bag .
There, I fixed that for you.

Nervously watching in my office at work as the clock ticks away with just two hours from tip off at 1000 am (MST here in Utah). I will definitely feel a monkey off of our backs if we can win this one and get to the next round.

Even though we are favored to win seeing what happened to the B1G yesterday was painful to watch and is causing some anxiety. I want to see Luka continue on down the road a little further.

Go Hawks!!!
Agree. We are all left feeling pretty empty if another 1st round win is all we have to show for it.