Cincinnati's recruiting class

goods10

32 commits so far!....really? I personally have never seen a school with that high of a number. :confused:

As you can see from this list 2012 Cincinnati Football Commits

9 are early enrollees.. which can count against the previous year's scholarships. They have the scholarships total.. Miami is in a similar situation this year.

It's not really similar to what they do in the SEC.. Though I'm not clear on how many schollies Cincy does have.. 9 seems a lot from the previous year.. Did they have some major attrition issues?

As you can see from this list 2012 Cincinnati Football Commits

9 are early enrollees.. which can count against the previous year's scholarships. They have the scholarships total.. Miami is in a similar situation this year.

It's not really similar to what they do in the SEC.. Though I'm not clear on how many schollies Cincy does have.. 9 seems a lot from the previous year.. Did they have some major attrition issues?
I don't know if they did or not. That was what I was wondering...they would have had to in order to free up that many schollys

2011- So Car, TT, and Ark had 32 commits, USC 30, 28 Ole Miss
2010 - 32 Auburn, 30 Wash, Syracuse, 29 Alabama, Miami, OK
2009- 37 Ole Miss, 31 Ark, 30 So Fl, 30 Kentucky, Hawaii, 29 So Car, 27 Auburn, Miss St, Alabama
2008 - 33 Miami, 32 Alabama, 30 FSU, 34 KSU, 31 VT, MN, Ole Miss, 28 Auburn
2007 - 34 Miss St, 33 Oregon St, 32 Tenn, 31 KSU, So Fl, 30 Auburn
2006 - 34 TT, 31 FSU, 30, Ole Miss, Kentucky, KSU, Oregon St
2005 - 32 WVU, 31 Neb, 30 Alabama, 28 So Car, Ole Miss, Miss St
2004 - 32 Ark, 31 Syracuse, 30 Mich St, 29 Oregon, 28 Alabama, Or St, Kentucky, 27 So Car.
2003 - 32 Miss St, 31 L'ville, 30 USC, Okie St, 29 So Car.

Last edited:
Auburn signed 117 players in the four years from 2007-2010. That is 32 over the 85 limit. When you factor in the number of redshirt seniors on the 2010 National Championship team that number probably grows to well over 40 players that left the program prematurely.

Unbelievable!

South Carolina, Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn and Ole Miss sign a ton of players annually. I noticed KSU had some big classes, no doubt helping their return to winning. It helped Spurrier turn things around at SC and keep them going.

Alabama signed 110 players from 2008-2011. An average of 27.5 players per year. I guess if you want to win a national title you need to "bend" a few promises regarding how long a kid will be on scholarship.

Granted the quality of player they recruit they probably have more leave early for the NFL but that can only happen after 3 years.

Over signing is a huge advantage for coaches that do it. It allows you to bring in kids that may not qualify and pay no price. It also allows you to make cuts in fall "training" camp.

I thought that the NCAA had instituted rules against over signing. Any one know the current NCAA rules, Big Ten, SEC etc?

Thanks I'd like to know.

Over signing is a huge advantage for coaches that do it. It allows you to bring in kids that may not qualify and pay no price. It also allows you to make cuts in fall "training" camp.

I thought that the NCAA had instituted rules against over signing. Any one know the current NCAA rules, Big Ten, SEC etc?

Thanks I'd like to know.

The SEC recently past a new rule limiting programs to twenty-five signees a year.

New NCAA rules may send Alabama recruit Justin Taylor elsewhere - Andy Staples - SI.com

Now that one thinks about Iowa and other schools have been "under-signing" for years and years.

Why not sign kids that may not make it on the academic side? So they don't qualify and Iowa may or may not have had a scholly available.

Why not bring in kids that turn out to be jerks or home sick and weed them out before the "roster" is set at 85?

Over-signing has been a disadvantage, so is under-signing.

Latest posts