Chuck Taylors??

ricka

I am hearing that both Devyn Marble and Luka Garza were sporting the CK's last night? I reminisce about my first pair in the mid 60's and then it was all downhill. In the 70's all we desired were pony, adidas or nikes. I also briefly remember onitsuka tigers, etc. So throughout middle I kept looking for shoes with the Swoop on them. Finally got a pair, and they were backwards swoops, cheap knockoffs. alright take your shots at the boomer

In junior high and high school, I wore the next generation after the classic chucks, the converse all stars, first in canvas and later in leather. In college I still wore converse, but now leather high tops. I had always worn lows up to that point. My first time out on the floor in the high tops, I rolled the crap out of my ankle.

I remember those discussions on high tops vs low tops for basketball. It always felt that high tops somehow offered more stability.

I never wore any converse shoes, I tried em on once and they were the most uncomfortable shoes I've ever worn - even worse than my Hawkeye shoes:

1645720307961.png

Everyone wanted the black Adidas Torsion with the little neon plastic nameplate strung through the first shoelace when I was in junior high. Those were awesome shoes.

Latest posts