Christmas

How many of you remember that sad moment when you found out Santa wasn't real? I was in the second grade sitting at a table full of kids (I still believed.) This kid sitting directly across from me began talking about Santa and what he wanted him to bring him for x-mas. Immediately a couple of kids at the table began making fun of him and taunting him because he believed in Santa. I was in total shock, but fear for being picked on by those kids kept my mouth shut. I was devastated! And that was my moment that I will never forget.

When I was 6 or 7 years old, I awoke in the middle of Christmas Eve night to see him with my own eyes - in full garb from head to toe - walk right by my bedroom door! My Mom was not kissing him - I'm sure she AND my Dad were upstairs, sound asleep. Not to mention, my Dad would not have dressed so completely and elaborately on the chance he might be seen - it was the middle of the night for cripes sake!

I shamelessly tell about this experience whenever the topic comes up because I know it to be real and true and, therefore, without blasphemous question and as a matter of fact, Santa N Claus is, was and forever shall be REAL! :)

GOD BLESS and BELIEVE!

I like to think of HN as a giant Hawkeye Festivus pole.
Actually, I think the "Airing of grievances" tradition is more appropriate....

Standard Christmas for our family. My son went to sleep at 3 and is up at 7:30, and now is anxiously bouncing around the house waiting for his sister to wake up before we let him go downstairs. Then, after that chaos, it's time for the extended family dysfunction gala.

On a side note, I am sore literally head to toe just putting together a damn bunny cage. Getting old is not for sissies, that's for sure.

I'm a big marshmallow who luvs Christmas movies:
A Christmas Story
It's a Wonderful Life
The Polar Express
Miracle on 34th Street
A Christmas Carol (a fine story about my great great great great gandpa)
National Lampoons Christmas Vacation
Elf
Bad Santa
The Nightmare Before Christmas
Home Alone
The Santa Clause
Love Actually
The Holiday
and of course the all time greatest Christmas Movie . . .
DIE HARD
You forgot Charlie Brown and The Grinch, both of which we have watched the last couple of days.

Lampoon is the standard though. My favorite Eddie line, "A word of warning, though, if he does lay into you, it's best to just let him finish..."

Merry Christmas everyone! I hope y’all get everything you ever wanted! Thanks for taking an exiled 24/7 sports guy.

As far as decorations outside... we live next to the Grizzwolds. No joke. They have a sign outside letting people know to tune to 88.1 to listen to the music that is synchronized to the lights.
I wondered if you were the same Denver on VOTH. Weren't you with us on the old Hawk Central forum as well?

You forgot Charlie Brown and The Grinch, both of which we have watched the last couple of days.

Lampoon is the standard though. My favorite Eddie line, "A word of warning, though, if he does lay into you, it's best to just let him finish..."

"Every time Katherine would run the microwave, I’d piss my pants and forget who I was for a half-hour or so.”

I like this one also....

DR5aC_OUMAAfzj2.jpg

When I was 6 or 7 years old, I awoke in the middle of Christmas Eve night to see him with my own eyes - in full garb from head to toe - walk right by my bedroom door! My Mom was not kissing him - I'm sure she AND my Dad were upstairs, sound asleep. Not to mention, my Dad would not have dressed so completely and elaborately on the chance he might be seen - it was the middle of the night for cripes sake!

I shamelessly tell about this experience whenever the topic comes up because I know it to be real and true and, therefore, without blasphemous question and as a matter of fact, Santa N Claus is, was and forever shall be REAL! :)

GOD BLESS and BELIEVE!
I know for a fact Santa is real.

YES! Good memory. Way back. I liked the old Hawk Central group. I heard Kuhla is back and involved again at some level.
Apparently, he was hired by CBS Sports, and there was a rumor he was going to return to the 247 board, then everything kind of faded away (kind of like the posters...).

Latest posts