Christian French

99topdawg

Listed at 6'6" 220, he qualified 3rd for the finals in the 100 meter dash at the Drake Relays (11.18). That's amazing for a big guy! Would be a great athlete to have on board!

Also, I see a sophomore from DSM Lincoln named Kee'von Bernstine also ran the 100. Is that Jordan's relation?

Listed at 6'6" 220, he qualified 3rd for the finals in the 100 meter dash at the Drake Relays (11.18). That's amazing for a big guy! Would be a great athlete to have on board!

Also, I see a sophomore from DSM Lincoln named Kee'von Bernstine also ran the 100. Is that Jordan's relation?

Jordan's little brother. Iowa will offer him in the next 12 months.

Listed at 6'6" 220, he qualified 3rd for the finals in the 100 meter dash at the Drake Relays (11.18). That's amazing for a big guy! Would be a great athlete to have on board!QUOTE]

Christian has run a sub 11 100 meters this year. (He was timed in the 40 yard dash at 4.37 secs--Cedar Rapids Kennedy school record) Considering that this is his first year out for track. It is pretty impressive. He is an impressive talent who has gone from thinking that basketball would be his ticket, to getting convinced (and it took some convincing) to give football a try. The key will be to find him a position.

As for him going to ND, I have not heard anything on where he is leaning. It has been discussed on another recruiting thread, that he really does not follow a college team.

With that size the only thing he's going to play on Offesne is TE. Does he have the hands for it?

I can't blame ND for thinking he would be one scary 6-6 270 pound DE.

His recruitment path seems to be going about the same as AJ Derby's did. Enjoying the process, but I think he ends up being a Hawkeye when all said and done. Just a gut feeling.

With that speed, if he can catch a ball, he could be one scary WR.

Agreed, but I think WR is a little more complex to pick up than TE. He hasn't been playing football for very long...

I'm with ND though I wanna see that guy on D.

Agreed, but I think WR is a little more complex to pick up than TE. He hasn't been playing football for very long...

I'm with ND though I wanna see that guy on D.

I would disagree about WR being more complex then the TE position. TE position you not only have to know all routes but also in the Iowa system you have to be a good blocker. Finding an all around good TE is pretty tough to do. Wasn't that TE from florida that got drafted only play football his senior year of high school or am I thinking of someone else?

Yes the TE must have blocking skills. Those are not that difficult to come by, especially when you are that physical.

TE's essentially only run a half dozen routes which makes the passing game a little easier to grasp. I guess my point was it's easier to be a solid TE on pure size and athleticism than it is to be WR. WR's have to block in space (much more difficult than blocking as a TE) and run about 20 different routes. They also are responsible for hot read check downs which TE's don't really have to deal with.

Yes the TE must have blocking skills. Those are not that difficult to come by, especially when you are that physical.

TE's essentially only run a half dozen routes which makes the passing game a little easier to grasp. I guess my point was it's easier to be a solid TE on pure size and athleticism than it is to be WR. WR's have to block in space (much more difficult than blocking as a TE) and run about 20 different routes. They also are responsible for hot read check downs which TE's don't really have to deal with.

I would at least give him a shot at WR. If he can pick up the mental aspect, he could quickly become a Biletnikoff contender. 6'6" 220 with sub 4.4 speed? Derrelle Revis couldn't cover a guy like that.

That said, there is a lot between the ears that needs to click for WR's. My best friend is in his first year playing football for the University of New Mexico. He played a total of four years of football, from pee wee through high school. Played in 6th, 8th, 10th, and 12th grade. He made first team all-district as a WR after catching 8 TD's in just 7 games. Made a leaping, one-handed grab for one of them that I still don't know how he caught. He doesn't have great speed (no faster than 4.6 as a sophomore), but he's 6'3" 190 and has a 40" vertical, long-armed, with huge hands that latch onto anything. He's got every physical tool besides speed. But he's WAY behind mentally. Fast learner, but there's a LOT to learn. WR's have a lot of option routes, where they are reading the defense just as much as the QB. And to get the ball, the QB and WR need to be seeing the same thing.

If French can handle that stuff, then say hello to possibly the scariest college WR since Randy Moss. And I'm guessing that with his previous focus on basketball that this kid has some serious hops, as well? Wow.

And I'm guessing that with his previous focus on basketball that this kid has some serious hops, as well? Wow.

Yes, Christian can jump out of the gym. He is a great athlete. He is VERY green as a football player with this past season being only his second year out for football. It will be interesting to see how the Kennedy coaching staff uses him this fall. He only ran the ball a couple of times on offense last year.

Christian is sought after by some of the big boys.

Iowa, Iowa State, USC, ND, Kansas, Kansas State, Wisconsin

He has been receiving many visitors at school.

Coach Campbell paid a visit to Christian and his coaching staff this week. He was sporting his Iowa Orange Bowl Championship ring. Hopefully seeing the fruits of that kind of success will aid in Christian choosing the black and gold.

Latest posts