Christian French to Oregon...

HawkeyeRyno

Banned
Think this is all but official. He would be playing for a team that competes for National Championships and puts up 50 a game for a coaching staff that plays to win.

This isn't official but at this point I think there is no question Iowa has no chance.

Oregon is only in the position they are this year because the NCAA neutered USC. Oregon only has one more year to be top dog before they have to give the keys back to USC. I'm sure recruiters are whispering that to French too.

Ryno, do you ever get tired of being so incredible negative? i mean, i can get pretty cynical, but you are so over the top.
christian will go to oregon if he thinks its his best fit, which it may. but oregon doesn't play a pro-style system on either O or D, so if the NFL is an aspiration of his, he has to take that into account. that, and coach doyle's ability to develop raw players like him into football monsters.

Oregon is only in the position they are this year because the NCAA neutered USC. Oregon only has one more year to be top dog before they have to give the keys back to USC. I'm sure recruiters are whispering that to French too.

How did the NCAA neuter USC? Sure they may have had a couple freshman decommitt, but they don't start losing scholarships till this year. And of the true freshman they have lost this year, how many are making impacts at other schools?

How did the NCAA neuter USC? Sure they may have had a couple freshman decommitt, but they don't start losing scholarships till this year. And of the true freshman they have lost this year, how many are making impacts at other schools?

I don't care what anybody says, it's not easy for a team to get up and play hard when you don't have anything to play for. In essence you are just playing spoiler all the time. Once the bowl ban is over I see USC getting back to dominance.

Ryno, do you ever get tired of being so incredible negative? i mean, i can get pretty cynical, but you are so over the top.
christian will go to oregon if he thinks its his best fit, which it may. but oregon doesn't play a pro-style system on either O or D, so if the NFL is an aspiration of his, he has to take that into account. that, and coach doyle's ability to develop raw players like him into football monsters.

Your point is dead on and I totally agree with you but just think this season's poor performance will also have negative effect on recruits. Especially if the other teams in contention are doing so well. Recruits are so caught up in the immediate hoopla and want to be apart of that not realizing it is happening now and doesn't guarantee it will happen next year.

Once again, one of the most ignorant posters on this board strikes again! I hope you get to eat your words! You suck as a fan and as a poster.

Once again, one of the most ignorant posters on this board strikes again! I hope you get to eat your words! You suck as a fan and as a poster.

I hope you're right. If he does commit I will be first to admit I was wrong. Hopefully French is smart enough to realize what Oregon is doing this year, guarantees nothing. Oregon just looks like the hot chick at the bar right now while Iowa looks like the fat lady at the buffet.

He is not even an offensive player is he? He would not even be playing for KOK. Just because he might choose to attend Oregon does not mean he will even play for them.

The NCAA will never be able to dismantle that USC program as well as Lane Kiffin is about to do.

Your point is dead on and I totally agree with you but just think this season's poor performance will also have negative effect on recruits. Especially if the other teams in contention are doing so well. Recruits are so caught up in the immediate hoopla and want to be apart of that not realizing it is happening now and doesn't guarantee it will happen next year.

You have absolutely no idea what EVERY recruit is thinking.

Maybe some recruits think that way, but they aren't robots, most of them have different things their looking for.

What a stupid thread. At least change the title so it doesn't mislead people. My guess is you were trying to be a dbag anyway, so you probably already knew that.

The NCAA will never be able to dismantle that USC program as well as Lane Kiffin is about to do.

True, Lane should have USC at the death penalty by 2012 or so.

Good to see the ducks pick up another quality player.

Every other team in the nation might as well stop recruiting any of the top players still available. Everyone is going to go to Oregon now....riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Didn't me to **** people off. Just wanted to see what others thought. I brought this up because we all saw what happened to Melvin Gordon, Wisconsin is having the Cinderella story season and he wants to be "part of it". I just think if French was on the fence about his decision, today probably didn't help Iowa's chances. But again I HOPE I'M WRONG and will have no problem admitting it.