Christian French Article on ESPN

I don't think Herman's decision will affect French's choice, due to the fact that I am not sure that TE will be his position in college. It will be interesting to see how he is used in Kennedy's offense this year and also what his position will be on defense.

Sure. But where a kid eventually lands position-wise doesn't always play as big of a role in his decision than where he WANTS to play prior to entering his college career. The fact that French initially sounds like he wants to land on O will likely influence where he lands.

For instance, had Iowa offered Dawson at RB last year, I wouldn't be surprised if he would have been much more likely to land at Iowa. However, that obviously didn't happen.

Henry Kreiger-Coble and Ray Hamilton are current year TE recruits. Brad Herman is in our current year two deep at TE. Christian French is a recruit who Iowa is interested in...just to keep all the TE's straight here.
Iowa needs to make sure Christian sees all those bowl trophys...and is aware of the lack of bowl trophies in the ND trophy case.

I have had the opportunity to watch a number of Kennedy practices. It appears that French has softened up his hands. Seems to catching most balls coming to him. It is also apparent that the Kennedy coaching staff is going to use him as much as possible. On Defense, he is going to be all over the field. Got to see one drill in particular where he was really bringing the hits. It is going to be an interesting year for him.

Noticed in the Notre Dame article that he's getting recruited by a former Hawkeye linebacker Bobby Diaco, who's now their defensive coordinator. Always great to see former Hawkeyes moving up the coaching ladder; some success at ND, and he'll be a head coach in a few years. I just hope that he fails in recruiting Christian French.

Christian is high on Notre Dame. Has visited there twice. It was mentioned above that WR might be an option. It looks like he is going to get the chance to show that he can catch the ball in "space".

The kid has great size and speed. Last year, playing safety, he showed that he could come up and hit people. With this year's Kennedy defense, he is going to attacking from all over the field. He is going to be exciting to watch this season.