Chris Spielman

hwkifan4evs

This dude show be a commentator for every single college football game!!! He pulls no punches and doesn't fall in with the butt kissing like other announcers. He is absolutely ripping Denard "I can't tie shoelaces" Robinson.

My favorites, paraphrasing as I don't remember the exact quote:

2006 Outback Bowl in response to bogus personal foul penalites on Iowa, 'Lets just take their helmets and pads and put flags on them.'

Last week, Iowa/PSU
'Spread offense pillow fights'. The best part about this one is that he was sitting next to Meyer when he said it.

so much better than a bob davie, who spends the whole game just fawning over one team. spielman is a great commentator and a great guy from what i've heard.

My favorites, paraphrasing as I don't remember the exact quote:

2006 Outback Bowl in response to bogus personal foul penalites on Iowa, 'Lets just take their helmets and pads and put flags on them.'

Last week, Iowa/PSU
'Spread offense pillow fights'. The best part about this one is that he was sitting next to Meyer when he said it.

lol, ya... I think it went something like "NO MORE TACKLIN, PUT FLAGS ON EVERYONE" He's one of my favs.

I loved it when he called out the BT coaches three years ago for choosing his fellow Buckeye James Laurinaitis as Defensive POY while noting that Mitch King was more worthy of the award.

Ive met Chris on more than one occassion he's a stand up commentator, Father and Husband. The guy is a class act. OSU should've given him the head coaching job instead of Fickell the Pickle!

It's kind of interesting to me that as much as I hate the Buckeyes, Spielman and Herbstreit are my two favorite commentators, by far.

It's kind of interesting to me that as much as I hate the Buckeyes, Spielman and Herbstreit are my two favorite commentators, by far.

This. I want everyone to take this mythical journey with me. Ready? Here goes.

Gus Johnson calling the game, with Herbstreit and Spielman on color.

That sound you just heard was the world imploding into a vortex of awesomeness.

always wondered why CS never got into coaching. I think he would be a hell of a d-coordinator if not a head coach.

The years when he could have been cutting his coaching teeth as position coach were spent with his terminally ill wife Stephanie. Now, he is a widower and I'm sure has his hands full just being a single parent.

The years when he could have been cutting his coaching teeth as position coach were spent with his terminally ill wife Stephanie. Now, he is a widower and I'm sure has his hands full just being a single parent.

Very true. I had forgotten about that.

I completely forgot about this, also. Other than his brief Bill Rafferty impersonation a few years ago, he is as good as it gets for a color commentator.

Yeah, totally like him. He's kind of a meat-head but I kinda like it. YOu know that Urban hates him, but he just keeps yappin, full steam ahead Spielman.

I loved hearing him call the PSU game (unfortunate on the outcome). He's just straight at it and pulls no punches.

Also liked how during the Florida-gate bowl offsides call, he called it: unconscionable.

Hope he keeps at it.

Also, the Herby/Speilmen/Johnson call would be sick!

I love that Urban/Spielman duo. They're so insightful when it comes to in game strategy and they aren't afraid to speak their mind. During the Michigan v MSU game, I can't imagine how many other commentators would know that Dantonio called the TO at the end of the third quarter in an attempt to make Michigan punt into the wind. There are so many little things that they key on that others wouldn't. I was pleasantly surprised during the PSU v Iowa game.

Latest posts