Chris L Rucker

Xerxes

He's been suspended for the last 2 games. Has anyone heard if he will be playing against Iowa?

I haven't heard, but I would bet he will. Dantonio knows the implications of this game and that this is the last real challenge of the year for them. PSU could be, but I think MSU will take them this year. They want to run the table and it starts with trying to beat us this weekend, so I am guessing his suspension will be done.

Doesn't matter if our defense doesn't show up, having Rucker or not will not have any effect on the game. Iowa's defense needs to show up, Cousins is a lot better than Tolzein is.

Doesn't matter if our defense doesn't show up, having Rucker or not will not have any effect on the game. Iowa's defense needs to show up, Cousins is a lot better than Tolzein is.

Crap...because we made Tolzien look like a world beater. I felt like Wisconsin could have stayed in that 5 wide set as much as they wanted and kept dinking and dunking down the field until they got into the red zone, when they could let their running game take over.

That's what I'm saying MSU and cousins are licking their chops to get to Iowa's Defense. They will line up in 5 wide and dink it down the field. Iowa needs their LB and DB's to step up next game. I would like Iowa to take out a LB and bring in an extra DB if they go 5 wide, that way we have a little more speed.

Just read on ESPN.com that Rucker gets out of jail on Thursday. Received an 8 day sentence. Sounds like the coach will address the issue tomorrow.

Just read on ESPN.com that Rucker gets out of jail on Thursday. Received an 8 day sentence. Sounds like the coach will address the issue tomorrow.

Well that ain't good because MSU generally has a policy that if they have a big game and a star who is not in jail, the star can play.

MSU can and will go 4 or 5 wide all day. If they go 4 wide and run with their speed at RB and we could have some problems up the middle, if they go 5 wide and get the ball out quickly like Forcier did, the offense better come to play because it could get ugly fast. With all the Rose Bowl hypotheticals on here, you'd think we have already beaten Indiana and Nortwestern, too. The tape on how to torch the defense is out there for the world to see and Indiana and NU haven't exactly been pushovers for our defense the past few seasons.

I do want to point out that Dantonio did voluntarily suspend something like 20 players before the bowl game last year. The NCAA didn't tell him he had to, he did it on his own. That being said, he's by no means a taskmaster who really disciplines his team on a regular basis. If I had to guess, I'd say Rucker doesn't play. He'll have missed an entire week of practice and all of Iowa game prep. If he was a running back or an offensive player in general, I'd say he suits up. If he was a defensive lineman, especially an interior lineman, I'd say he suits up. But putting him back there at DB having watched no footage on Iowa and without playing against our scout O all week he may just be a liability back there.

For some reason I highly doubt he's going to get out of jail on Thursday and be in shape and prepared to play.

He hasn't played in how many weeks? And he's just getting out of jail...

He may play, but he wont be very prepared IMO.

Latest posts