Chris Kingsbury

How much do you think Kingsbury worked on his range? Or his shot in general? Do you think he was one of those guys who shot 1,000 jumpers every summer day, or do you think it was something that came naturally to him and he only worked half-heartedly at it?

I have a memory from my youth of watching him on TV at Williams Arena, probably his sophomore year. The crowd was absolutely dumb-struck. They've played basketball at Williams for what, almost 100 years? If you've ever been to a game there, you'll notice a lot of the fans look like they've been going to Gopher games for 40 or 50 years. None of them had ever seen anything like Kingbury's display that night.

A few years later I ended up in college in Minnesota, and some of my new friends who grew up in the state were still talking about the night Kingsbury came to Williams and started draining threes from nearly half-court.

It's a shame more fans around the Big Ten couldn't have seen that gift further cultivated. He could have left that display of legendary range at every Big Ten arena, a legacy like Babe Ruth calling his shot. The night Kingsbury came to town.

How much do you think Kingsbury worked on his range? Or his shot in general? Do you think he was one of those guys who shot 1,000 jumpers every summer day, or do you think it was something that came naturally to him and he only worked half-heartedly at it?

I have a memory from my youth of watching him on TV at Williams Arena, probably his sophomore year. The crowd was absolutely dumb-struck. They've played basketball at Williams for what, almost 100 years? If you've ever been to a game there, you'll notice a lot of the fans look like they've been going to Gopher games for 40 or 50 years. None of them had ever seen anything like Kingbury's display that night.

A few years later I ended up in college in Minnesota, and some of my new friends who grew up in the state were still talking about the night Kingsbury came to Williams and started draining threes from nearly half-court.

It's a shame more fans around the Big Ten couldn't have seen that gift further cultivated. He could have left that display of legendary range at every Big Ten arena, a legacy like Babe Ruth calling his shot. The night Kingsbury came to town.

Did not shoot 1,000 shots/day - didn't need to. It was his defense and off the court decisions that was lacking. It's a shame too because he's one of the brightest guys I know.

I just looked this up. He only shot 30% for three pointers his last season - not very good. That was my whole point. Seems like he had great shooting range and touch but never became a great shooter. Think of what he could have done had he honed his greatest natural skill - shooting.

I just looked this up. He only shot 30% for three pointers his last season - not very good. That was my whole point. Seems like he had great shooting range and touch but never became a great shooter. Think of what he could have done had he honed his greatest natural skill - shooting.

I don't think anyone has a natural skill for shooting. You can naturally be a great athlete but shooters are made. It takes hours and hours of practice to become a great shooter, every good shooter from high school on has put in the time and effort to become so good at it. I guarantee Kingsbury was no different, and a large reason for his low shooting percantage was just shot selection. He took a lot of bad shots his last year, he was too confident in his own shot some times.

Latest posts