Chris Doyle Statement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really stupid response from Doyle. How can he possibly know how others interpret his "motivational" comments? Rather than declare his innocence he should have expressed his regrets that former players felt that way and his willingness to learn how to more effectively motivate without degrading players. Compare his response to the head coach's accepting responsibility and willingness to listen, learn, and take action. Night and day

However Doyle thinks he is God's gift to mankind.. so I believe he would say some callous shit and think no one would do anything about it.

Well if you sent 13 kids to the hospital and then an AWARD was invented 2 months later calling you the best assistant in the program, you'd have an ego too.

Really stupid response from Doyle. How can he possibly know how others interpret his "motivational" comments? Rather than declare his innocence he should have expressed his regrets that former players felt that way and his willingness to learn how to more effectively motivate without degrading players. Compare his response to the head coach's accepting responsibility and willingness to listen, learn, and take action. Night and day

My own guess is that KF/GB had suggested this path to him, and his response was basically 'I've coached this way all of my life and I'm not changing now'. Still room for a departure with a nice severance package, I'd think, provided he doesn't stir the pot further. Enough that he wouldn't need to work again, though I suspect he'll pop up in another program next year or sooner.

Doyle should have done a Gary Dolphin mea culpa.

He's in white privilege purgatory now. You don't want to be there these days.

My sense from his statement and what Kirk said about gathering facts from the external review is that Doyle will wait until that review comes back. He seems confident he's innocent.

One reason I think he was told to remain quiet is that it seems players continue coming forward. When you release a statement calling some of them liars, whether they are or not, you're baiting more to come forward.

My sense from his statement and what Kirk said about gathering facts from the external review is that Doyle will wait until that review comes back. He seems confident he's innocent.

One reason I think he was told to remain quiet is that it seems players continue coming forward. When you release a statement calling some of them liars, whether they are or not, you're baiting more to come forward.

Rob, have you seen any follow-up tweets from the players who originally came forward with their experiences, or any new players that have spoken out? I haven't really seen any since Doyle's tweet, but I'm fairly new to Twitter so I don't have a bunch of follows, so just curious.

Kirk is? We could only wish but that'd make no sense at this point. And innocent of what exactly? That Doyle didn't say the specific things he's been accused of? Hell Morrows accusation directly implicates KF and his reaction as well. There's just way too many kids speaking up for all of it to be untrue. Plus witnesses to most of it. Nobody will buy it if they try holding to that.

To me what Doyle putting out that defiant unapologetic statement was is he's campaigning for a new gig. He can say if he's fired that it was done so unjustly and hold true to that so somebody else will eventually hire him. If he resigns and admits to it well.... The line for schools looking to hire him won't be nearly as long. At least not right away.

If I'm a former player reading that I'm pissed he just called all of that a lie. Pissed as hell and to me that just cemented his fate.

Kirk is? We could only wish but that'd make no sense at this point. And innocent of what exactly? That Doyle didn't say the specific things he's been accused of? Hell Morrows accusation directly implicates KF and his reaction as well. There's just way too many kids speaking up for all of it to be untrue. Plus witnesses to most of it. Nobody will buy it if they try holding to that.

To me what Doyle putting out that defiant unapologetic statement was is he's campaigning for a new gig. He can say if he's fired that it was done so unjustly and hold true to that so somebody else will eventually hire him. If he resigns and admits to it well.... The line for schools looking to hire him won't be nearly as long. At least not right away.

If I'm a former player reading that I'm pissed he just called all of that a lie. Pissed as hell and to me that just cemented his fate.

Doyle thinks he's innocent. Kirk is waiting for the review. I don't know if Kirk believes Doyle or his players are telling the truth.

Doyle thinks he's innocent. Kirk is waiting for the review. I don't know if Kirk believes Doyle or his players are telling the truth.

KF was there for some of it. Was made aware of some of it. He's been around Doyle for 20 plus yrs. He knows... He also knows about Brian. I get that we can't definitively get in any ones head but man if KF doesn't know who to believe about this then that's almost as big of an issue as what Doyle had been doing all these yrs. Being that ignorant to the whole thing is ridiculous and inexcusable as well.

What I think they are doing more so then anything is deciding what to do about it. They are licking their fingers and putting them in the air to see which way the political wind is blowing to see if they can slap his wrist and keep him or not. At the end of the day I don't think they can.... Next question will be is he the only one...

And a complete lack of emphathy or self-reflection

So you would believe a total West Coast whack job who couldn’t recall details and whose allegations were never corroborated over a well respected legal scholar? My turn to tell you to commit an anatomical impossibility on yourself.

Pound sand pal.

you are an idiot. You just provided another example.

It’s no wonder you get along well with so many people on this board.

Clown.

Actually, I do get along just fine with a bunch of people here, since when I get tired of those who bore me with their drivel, I put them on ignore. So, you may want to do that to me. Of course, I will be deeply hurt.

I find all your guys comments funny that he should of stated quiet.. Barta and Ferentz fed Doyle to the Wolves.. Doyle is gone and he knows he is the scapegoat..

James Daniels needs to offer up more than some lame ass stupid bullshit than just racial disparities!!! He Says this when he declared for draft just a short time ago!! Someone needs to be called out!!
View attachment 6774

Wow...kind of flows against what he's saying now...

Status
Not open for further replies.