Chris Doyle Statement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Idk.
This whole thing stinks. I've asked so many questions that nobody can argue with or answer and that right there tells me something isn't right.

I think Doyle survives.

As the strength and conditioning coach, Doyle is naturally going to be tougher on kids than other coaches. It's literally his job. I envision him doing his job with a drill sergeant-esque style. Whether right or wrong, I feel like hearing some things you don't want to hear is to be expected in that environment. So right off the bat, he's in a bad position. Unless I'm missing something, the worst thing he's done is say some things he maybe shouldn't have said. There's only one example I've seen (Terrance Pryor) that IMO could truly be perceived as a racist statement. Even then, we're assuming that's what was actually said and we don't have any context regarding his or any of the other incidents that have been brought to light.

I find it oddly peculiar that a lot of high profile black alumni & former players have remained silent. Desmond King claims to have had a "different experience" than others which sort of conflicts with the negative comments we've seen. I also haven't seen anything from current players yet since the social media ban was lifted on Thursday.

I'm certainly not saying that there isn't a problem at all and/or nothing needs to be done, but I do feel that it's possible that the severity what actually happened may be getting exaggerated.

Doyle comes off as real arrogant here. I think being the highest paid S&C coach has gone to his head.

He’s good but he’s replaceable, everyone is. He needs to be fired this week.

It's not like a strength coach has some secret workouts that no other programs know about. I would guess one of the main things that make a strength coach good is their ability to motivate you to work hard. Without his motivational tactics, does it really even matter if he's gone?

Barta and Kurt were throwing Doyle under the bus. Hell, they already had. No way in hell is the “external review” going to be fair. It is going to provide just enough ammo to get rid of him and save GarBar and Kurt. That’s the way these things work. It’s never about “truth.”

Doyle’s gone. But he’s gonna make the bus ride as bumpy as he can. I applaud him for that.

Sadly he also probably just f-“d any severance he might have received.

So do you suppose Garbar and Kurt stapled fliers to power poles around the country to solicit as many Hawks as possible to concoct thematically coordinated stories to unjustly accuse one of our star coaches of this stuff... you know, so they could then throw him under the bus when it results in revealing the program, the U, and the state as unevolved? I'm sure you are probably right, otherwise we might have to actually do some soul searching. Whew!

After listening to Kirk's Q&A session, it's rather obvious that Kirk is the person who told Doyle to be cautious with his words or remain silent, whatever it is what Kirk told him.

So do you suppose Garbar and Kurt stapled fliers to power poles around the country to solicit as many Hawks as possible to concoct thematically coordinated stories to unjustly accuse one of our star coaches of this stuff... you know, so they could then throw him under the bus when it results in revealing the program, the U, and the state as unevolved? I'm sure you are probably right, otherwise we might have to actually do some soul searching. Whew!

There are two men above Doyle who make a helluva lot more money and have far more power and prestige than he does. They’re going to protect their own interests. Doyle is expendable, and with this statement likely gave them grounds to dismiss him since he already had been told to stay quiet.

I’ve been around corporate shit like this long enough to know the way the game is played. GarBar and Kurt will have no problem knifing him in the back if it saves their own pathetic hides.

It's not like a strength coach has some secret workouts that no other programs know about. I would guess one of the main things that make a strength coach good is their ability to motivate you to work hard. Without his motivational tactics, does it really even matter if he's gone?

There are strength coaches all around America who can do Doyle’s job, he isn’t saban or dabo.

There are two men above Doyle who make a helluva lot more money and have far more power and prestige than he does. They’re going to protect their own interests. Doyle is expendable, and with this statement likely gave them grounds to dismiss him since he already had been told to stay quiet.

I’ve been around corporate shit like this long enough to know the way the game is played. GarBar and Kurt will have no problem knifing him in the back if it saves their own pathetic hides.
In a word or Two, tweeter, f..k you for this baseless “tweet.”

After listening to Kirk's Q&A session, it's rather obvious that Kirk is the person who told Doyle to be cautious with his words or remain silent, whatever it is what Kirk told him.

Doyle is gone and it’s going to be a huge lawsuit for libel and the athletic department and GarBar will write him out a check just like the field hockey coach.

All these former players accusing him will cause him to lose his job. However I don’t it’s possible to prove this stuff in court because it’s purely a he said/she said. It’s like all these sexual harassment suits. Very difficult to prove In court.

this is cynical, but why not give all these ex players $20k or something to settle their grievances, then hire all new black coaches in the strength program and move on.

Interesting. Tweets come from a variety of individuals making serious accusations. We seem to honor them, as do I personally. Then Doyle responds in kind. So the attacks on Doyle proceed with passion. He has a right to speak out. A responsibility to speak out. If a thorough investigation shows he is lying, he will and should be fired. But we are not there yet.

I watched nearly the entire hearing which resulted in the appointment of a rapist to the Supreme Court. I found the victim credible. I lost. On this one, I will make my decision when the investigation concludes. I really hope you will do the same. It is the American way.

Interesting. Tweets come from a variety of individuals making serious accusations. We seem to honor them, as do I personally. Then Doyle responds in kind. So the attacks on Doyle proceed with passion. He has a right to speak out. A responsibility to speak out. If a thorough investigation shows he is lying, he will and should be fired. But we are not there yet.

I watched nearly the entire hearing which resulted in the appointment of a rapist to the Supreme Court. I found the victim credible. I lost. On this one, I will make my decision when the investigation concludes. I really hope you will do the same. It is the American way.

So you would believe a total West Coast whack job who couldn’t recall details and whose allegations were never corroborated over a well respected legal scholar? My turn to tell you to commit an anatomical impossibility on yourself.

Pound sand pal.

Probably his lawyer told him to stay silent.
"Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law."

If Doyle is fired, former Hawk football player Alex Kanellis would be a great addition to the strength & conditioning staff. He has had this title at Regina HS in Iowa City for a number of years and he has done an incredible job with their athletes. It wasn't that long ago that Iowa wrestling coach Tom Brands asked Alex to join the wrestling staff for strength & condition. Alex accepted the offer, but then a short time later declined it. I think he actually did so because he was making more money at Regina than he would have with the Iowa wrestling program. Alex also does personal workouts for those who hire him and he makes good $$$$.
There won’t be an “if.”

Doyle is toast. Guarantee you he and his wife are looking at houses out East where he’s from.

Anyone other than Raimond Braithwaite would be a huge mistake. Knows the program, been with the Hawks forever, and he’d be a 180° turn from what Doyle apparently is.

There won’t be an “if.”

Doyle is toast. Guarantee you he and his wife are looking at houses out East where he’s from.

Anyone other than Raimond Braithwaite would be a huge mistake. Knows the program, been with the Hawks forever, and he’d be a 180° turn from what Doyle apparently is.
and if you are right, does his son Dillon stay at Iowa or transfer? I believe he is listed at second string LB right now.

and if you are right, does his son Dillon stay at Iowa or transfer? I believe he is listed at second string LB right now.
I was talking to some people about this today. Whether anyone here wants to admit it or not, Chris Doyle is one of the most hated people in Iowa right now and his name is mud. I don’t know Dillion Doyle from Adam and I’m sure there are folks here who have met him, but I don’t know how he continues playing football on TV without always being “Chris Doyle’s kid” and having all kinds of shit brought up. I guess to me it’s be a huge distraction to the team, maybe he moves on somewhere else??? I don’t know.

I actually have met and spoken with Doyle, it was many years ago. I recall when chatting with him that he came off as very serious and almost uptight. He wasn't mean or rude, but he wasn't very friendly. I remember feeling uncomfortable talking to him. He had a very intense look in his eyes, and when he spoke to me I felt like I was talking to a military leader. A very no non sense type of personality.

Roid Rage, ha just kidding but it has that sound to it.

I will wait for the investigation. We may not be privy to the actual questions and answers in the investigation as the UI may want it to be private. Maybe as part of a STate of Iowa type employment situation the investigation will have to be shown the light of day.

Either way I will just wait for the final judgment. It doesnt sound like Doyle is the joking type so he didnt make some off color comments in jest I doubt.

I will wait for the investigation. We may not be privy to the actual questions and answers in the investigation as the UI may want it to be private. Maybe as part of a STate of Iowa type employment situation the investigation will have to be shown the light of day.

Either way I will just wait for the final judgment. It doesnt sound like Doyle is the joking type so he didnt make some off color comments in jest I doubt.

Many people have described Doyle as an intense drill sergeant type. If he made those comments, they likely weren’t in a “ha ha” joking fashion as in get-under-your-skin-to-make-you-mad-and
-make-you-work-harder.

I don’t know. Never met the man. Wasn’t there. But that could be his approach. That probably doesn’t fly with pampered athletes who grew up in the past 20 years when everyone got a trophy and all attention in high school was on them and their feelings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts