Chris Doyle Statement

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he undermined KF with the timing of his statement and tweet. Kirk is saying we need to fix things and Doyle says he’s done nothing wrong

Sounds like he isn't going to fall on the sword.......So here we go.

I find all your guys comments funny that he should of stated quiet.. Barta and Ferentz fed Doyle to the Wolves.. Doyle is gone and he knows he is the scapegoat..

James Daniels needs to offer up more than some lame ass stupid bullshit than just racial disparities!!! He Says this when he declared for draft just a short time ago!! Someone needs to be called out!!
C0B176CE-28FE-4B1A-9377-771B1DBA344A.jpeg

Doyle is in a very tough spot. Although well wrote, the theme of his message probably is going to do him no good (I did nothing wrong, basically). And, if he was told to remain quiet, I'm sure someone is going to be pissed about this statement (U of I Admin). Doyle won't survive this.

Doyle is in a very tough spot. Although well wrote, the theme of his message probably is going to do him no good (I did nothing wrong, basically). And, if he was told to remain quiet, I'm sure someone is going to be pissed about this statement (U of I Admin). Doyle won't survive this.

Doyle won’t survive this.....does he burn everything in his path on his way out the door?

Racism is a real thing... but just because someone screams "this guy is racist" doesn't mean anything.

However Doyle thinks he is God's gift to mankind.. so I believe he would say some callous shit and think no one would do anything about it.

I'm the type of person that likes to get to the root cause of any problem or issue, own up to it, and most importantly fix it. We as humans like to make simple problems seem overly complex. One thing maybe Rob, or you guys in the know around the program could help me out with is the player appointed leadership group. What is there, 8-10 players selected every year? Just curious how that group is structured and what their mission is. Why didn't these players with the issues take them directly to that player leadership group, or the coaches directly, at the time they happened? Or did they, and it fell on deaf ears? It's always much easier to solve these type of issues when, or shortly after they happen, not on social media years later.

I learned a long time ago that when da wife ain't happy, you better admit you screwed something up, even if in your eyes you didn't.

I can't believe that in 21 years Doyle is completely foolproof and free of fault. He just thinks that he's bulletproof and indestructible as long as the Kirk is signing his checks.

Now Doyle may, just may,, have to be the fall guy who saves Kirk's job.

Its a shitty world but that's they way it works sometime. Look at how many coaches PJ has bounced already. Bert did it without hesitation at Wisconsin.

Barta and Kurt were throwing Doyle under the bus. Hell, they already had. No way in hell is the “external review” going to be fair. It is going to provide just enough ammo to get rid of him and save GarBar and Kurt. That’s the way these things work. It’s never about “truth.”

Doyle’s gone. But he’s gonna make the bus ride as bumpy as he can. I applaud him for that.

Sadly he also probably just f-“d any severance he might have received.

Doyle comes off as real arrogant here. I think being the highest paid S&C coach has gone to his head.

He’s good but he’s replaceable, everyone is. He needs to be fired this week.

If Doyle is fired, former Hawk football player Alex Kanellis would be a great addition to the strength & conditioning staff. He has had this title at Regina HS in Iowa City for a number of years and he has done an incredible job with their athletes. It wasn't that long ago that Iowa wrestling coach Tom Brands asked Alex to join the wrestling staff for strength & condition. Alex accepted the offer, but then a short time later declined it. I think he actually did so because he was making more money at Regina than he would have with the Iowa wrestling program. Alex also does personal workouts for those who hire him and he makes good $$$$.

With this statement I predict he’s gone first thing Monday.
I actually have met and spoken with Doyle, it was many years ago. I recall when chatting with him that he came off as very serious and almost uptight. He wasn't mean or rude, but he wasn't very friendly. I remember feeling uncomfortable talking to him. He had a very intense look in his eyes, and when he spoke to me I felt like I was talking to a military leader. A very no non sense type of personality.

Status
Not open for further replies.