Chris Berman Poll

Thoughts on Chris Berman?

• I like him, he's fricken hilarious

Votes: 18 12.5%
  • He's a joke, his nicknames were cool in 1987, get him off the air now please

Votes: 77 53.5%
  • Meh, I don't care. He shows up at big ESPN events but he doens't really matter.

Votes: 49 34.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I used to really like Boom, but after watching this draft my opionions have started to shift. Its too bad, he has lost something...

I used to really like Boom, but after watching this draft my opionions have started to shift. Its too bad, he has lost something...

i think there's a reason he's not featured as much anymore. was great in his heyday, but that time has passed. yeah, he kinda annoys me now.

Berman and Tom Jackson are completely worthless. Thank goodness for the NFL network. It took me about an hour to figure it out last night after flipping back in forth, but after a while I stuck it on 212 and never left. Berman is listening in his ear half the time, Tom Jackson is only there because his best friend is way over paid(berman), Steve Young stutters his way through everything, Kiper thankfully doesnt get too many turns. The only good thing about ESPN is Chucky Sr.
Its just unfortunate that NFL Network cant pay guys like Adam SHefter et al to do what they do and stay there.

This is the worst I've seen him do the draft. First of all, they don't need 5 guys doing this thing. Kiper, Gruden, and a host with Mort & Co giving updates is plenty. But Berman needs to understand his role. He can't keep acting like he's the one who has watched hours and hours of film on these guys.

Did anyone catch him yesterday waiving his arms like a mad man while on camera?

I think he's a joke. He just sits there and stammers, then pretends to say something profound and makes his "chris berman face". He adds nothing to the draft unless you like to laff at him.

At first I thought the off-camera people were letting down Berman. The production team wasn't cutting to the right camera, or loading the right video, or even letting the on-air talent know who was picked last. But as a tv professional, isn't he supposed to have better body language when things don't go right?

There are so many uncomfortable pauses in the conversations between the talking heads, its like a Larry Cotlar interview televised on ESPN

Duff I can only guess that you caught the same "moments" during the draft that I did. Berman looked really bad a few times when they cut back to the table before he was aware.

I've heard he was a dick through the rumor mill...but now it looks like there's footage to back it up. His schtick is funny sometimes on sportscenter...but it looks like he's an a-hole in person.

You have to enjoy him doing the home run derby.

BACK BACK BACK BACK....awww, the kid in shallow centerfield caught the ball.

Duff I can only guess that you caught the same "moments" during the draft that I did. Berman looked really bad a few times when they cut back to the table before he was aware.

I've heard he was a dick through the rumor mill...but now it looks like there's footage to back it up. His schtick is funny sometimes on sportscenter...but it looks like he's an a-hole in person.

Ohh theres lots of proof...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TLG_LtWhj4[/ame]

I've never liked him. Real sports fans want to know what's happening in sports...not try to be entertained like a damn 6 year old with this bumbling stumbling crap. If you like him you have the brain of a 6 year old and shouldn't be allowed to drive..

shocking, people on this message board hating on someone?? That's the first time I've seen this. <end sarcasm>

I don't understand how you can hate Chris Berman, but that is your opinion to have.

Latest posts