Chris Ash?

TecmoBowl

I have a friend who was involved with Drake football when Ash coached there. He says Ash was a db coach at Iowa for a short time in the mid 2000's....im guessing sometime after the 2005 or 2006 season but supposedly either quit to take another job or was fired?

Can anyone confirm this? There is nothing online mentioning any time at Iowa. He says from the stands on the Iowa sideline he had a conversation with Ash.

Every profile of his shows his time at Iowa State (twice) but nothing on Iowa. Haven't found any online story ever about his hiring or firing/resigning.

I think you have 2 coaches mixed up. Rob Ash was the head coach at Drake for many years and is now the head coach at Montana State. He coached some small colleges before coaching at Drake, I don't think he was ever at Iowa or Iowa State.

Chris Ash has been a defensive backs coach and defensive coordinator recently at Wisconsin, with stints before that at Iowa State, Duke, and maybe some others.

Ash never coached at Iowa. He was DB coach for a brief period at ISU. He left take a job at Wisc. I believe he was just named DC at Ark.

I played at Drake when Chris Ash coached there. He left Drake to take the DB job at IA State. From there he went out to San Diego State with Chuck Long. He returned to IA State after Long was fired for a year. He then took the job at Wisconsin, and is now at Arkansas. He's a good coach. Never coached at IA.

I have a friend who was involved with Drake football when Ash coached there. He says Ash was a db coach at Iowa for a short time in the mid 2000's....im guessing sometime after the 2005 or 2006 season but supposedly either quit to take another job or was fired

This may be the problem.

Latest posts