Chris Ash fired

Ash was an Iowa guy, from small town Iowa and spent time at Drake. I think they want coach Creighton from EMU to take over. They may just hire a bunch of old fat Italian guys from the local deli in Jersey who will just yell obscenities at everyone during practice.

Rutgers needs like a 10 year plan and commtment to a coach to get the program right.

How would you like to resurrect a program competeing against OSU, Michigan, Michigan St, Penn St just in the B1G East? Imposssible without a long term commitment.

Schiano was successful at Rutgers when it was in the Big East. There is no guarantee he is the magic elixir at this time.

It will be interesting to see who they hire.

And, too bad for Chris Ash. He'll be OK and resurface somewhere.

The only chance Rutgers has in that East division is to take a page from the academies and run the triple option. At least that would make them competitive and hard to prepare for.

Rutgers needs like a 10 year plan and commtment to a coach to get the program right.

How would you like to resurrect a program competeing against OSU, Michigan, Michigan St, Penn St just in the B1G East? Imposssible without a long term commitment.

Schiano was successful at Rutgers when it was in the Big East. There is no guarantee he is the magic elixir at this time.

It will be interesting to see who they hire.

And, too bad for Chris Ash. He'll be OK and resurface somewhere.

They don't need to be better than OSU, Mich, MSU, and PSU. They only need to be better than Indiana, Maryland, and Illinois. Load up on cupcakes in the non-con to get 3 wins, beat Indiana and Maryland and one of the cross overs, and you're at 6 wins. Occassionally sneak up on one of the big 4.

If it can be done at KSU by Snyder, it can be done literally anywhere.

Firing Ash will make a difference, for sure. I mean, who wouldn't want to come coach at Rutgers now?

Rutgers is a tough program to take over. They don't have a winning heritage. No winning culture to cling to. No great past to hang their hopes on. On the other hand they are in a player rich area and TV market. If they start winning it can big.

Bummed for Coach Ash as he is a really great guy. He'll catch on as a d-coordinator some where next year and do a great job. Good man who treated me very well when I worked with him at Drake. Always did right by me, and nobody works harder than that dude. Always looking out for other people. He'll catch on some where. Rutgers is a tough gig.

Bummed for Coach Ash as he is a really great guy. He'll catch on as a d-coordinator some where next year and do a great job. Good man who treated me very well when I worked with him at Drake. Always did right by me, and nobody works harder than that dude. Always looking out for other people. He'll catch on some where. Rutgers is a tough gig.

I don't know much about him but I think he was in almost impossible situation.

I don't know much about him but I think he was in almost impossible situation.
yeah i think on the one hand you're in new jersey and a lot of talent comes form there, but also that talent hasn't been going to rutgers its been going other places, and what do you sell people on when you're a losing doormat of a program.....hope! that's what isu coaches have had to sell on.....well that works for like 1-2 seasons but if no improvement occurs, then people stop buying the hope. you have to ultimately win some games, and that's hard to do in that division obviously but at this point you shouldn't be getting blown out by 50 points. You should be able in this age of college football find some players with speed that are overlooked who can at least put some points on the board. he couldn't recruit well enough in penn, maryland, new york, new jersey, baltimore areas to put a competitive team out there. i also think, he made some bad hires on coordinators, but that's a whole nother story.

yeah i think on the one hand you're in new jersey and a lot of talent comes form there, but also that talent hasn't been going to rutgers its been going other places, and what do you sell people on when you're a losing doormat of a program.....hope! that's what isu coaches have had to sell on.....well that works for like 1-2 seasons but if no improvement occurs, then people stop buying the hope. you have to ultimately win some games, and that's hard to do in that division obviously but at this point you shouldn't be getting blown out by 50 points. You should be able in this age of college football find some players with speed that are overlooked who can at least put some points on the board. he couldn't recruit well enough in penn, maryland, new york, new jersey, baltimore areas to put a competitive team out there. i also think, he made some bad hires on coordinators, but that's a whole nother story.

If someone does win there it will be big. They have a huge TV market. And a lot of talent in the area.

So they have to call Urban and ask how much it would take.

Sell him on the chance to make the ultimate program build.