Chill Out about KF!

I couldn't agree with you more. I am not calling for Kirk's head as well, but changes have got to be made or else this ship will sink like the titanic.

and I think one is going to happen (Norm stepping down) so that will be a step in the right direction I think...

I have been a Norm fan during his time at Iowa, so it is sad to see how things have progressed. I am thoroughly convinced he loves football and that he was a great coordinator. His health has certainly played a role and that is sad. But, bottom line is that he really needs to be done.

However, I don't see this as progress if KF fills the position from within, as I don't really see one of the current assitants as true candidates for the position. I could be wrong, as maybe as position coaches Lil' Parker (or others) are simply doing what KF and Norm require. Maybe there is one of the assistants that will bring something to the table that will take the defense to the next level. I just don't see it.

Obviously, most Hawk fans would love to see a guy like Mike Stoops come in. He would bring an energy level and recruiting impact that would make an immediate impact. He will be highly sought after though, so it is no guarantee. Ron Aiken? Younger Stoops?

I guess we will see. But, Norm stepping down is not progress IMO unless some different blood is brought into the program. New coaches are a rarity at Iowa, to say the least. But, bringing in an outsider can carry a lot of positives. Campbell?

Latest posts