Cheer for Wisconsin over Nebraska

Does anybody know why they don't let 10 team conferences have league play? The conference championship game alone seems to make it financially worthwhile. That last weekend before bowl games are announced may be my favorite time of the season.

Math.

I root ageist Nebraska no matter who they play in or out of conference and that will never change.

I could see Iowa in the title game. We absolutely have to win the 4 conference games at home (NU, Mich, MSU and Indiana) and hope for a split on the road (MN, Penn St, Purdue, Neb).

6-2 might do it - it sure seems possible.

You'll get a good read on Vandenberg after the Iowa State game. The Clowns are betting their whole season on that game. It will be an extremely hostile environment, to say the least.
First thought - you play in Lincoln. Then - oh, its the OTHER NU. This is going to be a bit confusing. How about N for Nebraska?

First thought - you play in Lincoln. Then - oh, its the OTHER NU. This is going to be a bit confusing. How about N for Nebraska?

Nebraska (at least in these circles) will never be known as NU. He was referring to Northwestern. The sooner you figure that out, the less confused you'll be. Being the new kid on the block, it's Nebraska who is the "other" NU.

Hard to see Iowa going out there and winning.
I think they are getting to much hype when you think about it. In another thread I pointed out that T-mart missed his soph year of HS due to injury and something like 30% of the snaps as a fresh in D1 ball. Also remember how good they were at stopping the run last year, one of the starting LB's over there may be a JR but only started 4 games as a soph (injury). The talk of the town is how much they bring back on D, but nobody stops to think that they didnt use LB's to much in the B12. So experience and being a soph or jr is all good, but how many snaps did they see in the time they have been playing D1? I think that matters, and would love to see those numbers.
Some quotes from their players.

"In the Big 12 you have all that spread stuff, and every day in the meeting room you're watching one position on the screen, and you just have a depth chart with just one position,"

"Now you have three positions, two positions, different packages. Everybody's competing. You've got to learn multiple positions instead of just one."

"In the Big Ten, you can't hardly put your hands on them (receivers). I'm trying to get used to running with receivers and not putting my hands on them. It'll be kind of hard. I like being physical."

"Coach Raymond told me he doesn't want me to do that this year. He wants me to just run by the receiver and just play him without putting my hands on him."

I think they had more penalties than any other B10 team last year as well. I have a feeling in an effort to slow the game down enough they will draw alot this year as well.

It goes on and on. There is much learning going on over there, whether you are a SR or a Fresh. Awhile back I had them around 9 but now as I have dug futher I think the number is closer to 7.6-7.7 wins.
There are alot of teams in the B10 this year that have question marks, but dont fool yourself into thinking they have any less or less substantial problems then anyone else. If you dig hard enough a case could be made they have more issues than several other teams.

Last edited:
I root ageist Nebraska no matter who they play in or out of conference and that will never change.
Yep. In or out of conference, bowl games, whatever. We need them to stay at a level where they usually can't poach top talent out of this state like they used to. One good thing about playing them last game of the year is that there will be no situation where we need them to win.

Yep. In or out of conference, bowl games, whatever. We need them to stay at a level where they usually can't poach top talent out of this state like they used to. One good thing about playing them last game of the year is that there will be no situation where we need them to win.
Come on, I root for all B10 teams in the bowls, and yes I will root for Nebby when they are in AZ this year playing one of their old conf teams.

Come on, I root for all B10 teams in the bowls, and yes I will root for Nebby when they are in AZ this year playing one of their old conf teams.
I do as well, but that will have to change now. I'd love to see a B12 team take 'em down.

Yeah, hard but not impossible.

Agree. Like I was said earlier, a lot can happen (injuries, suspensions, etc) between now and then and nobody knows what shape either team will be in come Thanksgiving. But right now, if somebody were to ask me how I thought that game would play out, I'd say the 'skers win by 7-10 points, with the final margin coming late in the game.

Ideally, Iowa takes advantage of their easier schedule while Nebraska has trouble with theirs, and Iowa rolls into Lincoln having clinched a spot in the championship game.

Last edited:
Cheer for Wisc over Neb
Cheer for IA over Neb
Cheer for Minn over Neb
Cheer for Mich over Neb
Cheer for Mich St. Over Neb
Cheer for Purdue over Neb
Cheer for Ind over Neb
Cheer for everyone over Neb

Agree. Like I was said earlier, a lot can happen (injuries, suspensions, etc) between now and then and nobody knows what shape either team will be in come Thanksgiving. But right now, if somebody were to ask me how I thought that game would play out, I'd say the 'skers win by 7-10 points, with the final margin coming late in the game.

Ideally, Iowa takes advantage of their easier schedule while Nebraska has trouble with theirs, and Iowa rolls into Lincoln having clinched a spot in the championship game.

Down 17-7 halfway thru the 3rd, I wouldnt even mind much (if we have some health on our O).
Thats IF they can put 17 on us in just over a half. That would have to mean we are on course to give up 34 a game, and I just dont see us giving up that many. We played like a 46% shedule last year against teams that were top 25 ranked. Thats right, almost half our shedule, (including the bowl), was against a top 25 team AND we gave up an avg of 17. We would have to have a total D meltdown the size of..... starting the whole D with fresh to give up that high of an avg points per game. I can safely say we dont give up 34 a game. I think we only gave up more than 25, four times last year, with an almost 50% schedule. We may have lost some, but the ones who return are VERY experienced. I also dont think Nebby has a top 25 O this year, an ok D, but not a top 25 O . So even IF they are ranked top 25 when we meet them, it will be because of their D. Now the general round here, seems to be our O should avg, upper 20's, low 30's avg.
I know we all have our questions about the D this year, but we wont slide that far. I hope not at all, but no way there will be that big of a drop. Norm will be back in bettter health and as I have said before, the team seems more focused, than normal. These kids have been to some of the biggest, loudest venues in college ball, I just dont see them losing to Braska.

Last edited:
Why would there be confusion between abbreviating NU and Nebraska? It's the University of Nebraska so that's UN, right? I'm not sayin, I'm just sayin...

You guys are a ways off. Only cheer for the leaders teams if it helps the Hawks outlook in the standings. Otherwise we want our division to have the most possible wins so when we beat teams in our division it looks better on the national stage. We want the Legends division to be viewed as a stronger division....not like the B12 North.

I never really thought about it, but this scenario could happen and seems so weird to me:

Legends team could go 4-1 in division, 0-3 out of division and play in the Championship, beating out the second best that went 4-1 and 3-0, 11-1 overall.

Leaders team could go 8-0 in conference and play in the Championship.

Legends team beats Leaders team, bringing them to 9-4 and playing in the Rose Bowl, while Leaders team goes 12-1 and plays something else, possibly not even BCS game.

So the Big Ten Champ has the third best record..

Cause the winner of the division is determined by best record in division right, not best conference record?

Latest posts