Changes

westview

I think that Lick will get another year, but will Barta insist that Lick make some changes to his staff. Also will he set goals that have to be met, like he supposedly did for SA?

The thought that Barta will come in and say "You must make changes to your staff or else!" is absurd. It's either win next year or be done and no amount of staff changes will change or impact that.

He's either going to get it doen with what he has or he isn't, it's just that simple.

I can guarantee you that Barta gives Lickliter another two years at least. Barta is on record as saying this year is a scratch and is considered "year one" so he wants to give Lick time to rebuild. Barta's words, not mine. Lick said last night he wants to get to .500 next season so they can build off that for 2011-2012 campaign.

And as long as football keeps on raking in the dough, Barta doesn't feel he needs to fire Todd. Apathy has set in for basketball so as ironic as it sounds, it is probably helping Lickliter keep his job. It is kind of like what has been going on at Penn State. Their football team is the money maker and their basketball team simply has been non-existent for 10 years but DeChilis is still employeed because they have such low epectations.

Lick absolutely ruled out staff changes the other nite on Hawktalk.
Aint happening. As Duff said, the dye is cast ....sink or swim next year with the staff and system. Lick only knows one way.

I can guarantee you that Barta gives Lickliter another two years at least. Barta is on record as saying this year is a scratch and is considered "year one" so he wants to give Lick time to rebuild. Barta's words, not mine. Lick said last night he wants to get to .500 next season so they can build off that for 2011-2012 campaign.

And as long as football keeps on raking in the dough, Barta doesn't feel he needs to fire Todd. Apathy has set in for basketball so as ironic as it sounds, it is probably helping Lickliter keep his job. It is kind of like what has been going on at Penn State. Their football team is the money maker and their basketball team simply has been non-existent for 10 years but DeChilis is still employeed because they have such low epectations.

Did Lick actually say that getting to .500 is a goal for next year? If so, he should go now.
Barta raised football tickets 3 dollars/ticket this week. Last week he indicated that lowered bb revenues were budgeted for,and not an issue...so I guess he always has football there to pick up the tab for bb?
Tickets sold in SA's last year= 12.1k/game....tickets sold this year= 9.4k?
2.7k tickets less per game x25 dollarsx18 games...= about what the football ticket increase will generate. Lick should give about 500k of his salary to KF to distribute among coaches and other staff,for saving his bacon.

After reading that first paragraph, Barta's starting to remind me of Al Davis and how out of touch with reality he is for the Raiders. If he actually said that this year is a "start from scratch year" and the new "year one" of the Lick era then he shouldn't be the AD. I've not been a fire Lick guy and accept that he gets one more year but if this current level of basketball continues or it's only marginally better next year, and Barta doesn't get rid of Lick after then, then he should be shown the door for incompetence as well.

That was a joke last night as were the games at NW, UM, and Purdue within the last month or so.

If Lick means .500 for an overall record he should be let go. If he means .500 in the Big 10 that would be acceptable.

It gets down to the question as to whether he's done the job or not-despite any mitigating factors that others might mentioned. Bottom line is, the product they're putting on the court is subpar and Lick is in charge of it. Lick sounds like a good guy who does things the right way and I can respect that but, bottom line is he isn't winning here and it isn't working so far.

Did Lick actually say that getting to .500 is a goal for next year?...

Yes. Marc Morehouse of The Gazzette asked "Do you see an NCAA tournament appearance for Gatens/Fuller in their careers?" Lick's answer was "Yes, their senior year. Next year will be pushing .500, best case an NIT berth."

Yes. Marc Morehouse of The Gazzette asked "Do you see an NCAA tournament appearance for Gatens/Fuller in their careers?" Lick's answer was "Yes, their senior year. Next year will be pushing .500, best case an NIT berth."

I guess lick gets credit for honesty with that quote. But that still does not make it acceptable....4th year...pushing .500...after 7 straight winning seasons?....oh man!

So Barta must have already told Lick he'll be fired after next year.

If lick were a female super model I wouldnt throw him out of bed for turning in a season like NW had this year. 18 wins and 7-11 8-10 in the B10.

Latest posts