Chances we pick up Stanford OT Walter Rouse????

FWIW, Oklahoma's 247 site said that it's between them and Nebby, depending on which team can pony up the most NIL money. Oregon is coming in hard too. No mention of Iowa.

Nebbie just lost a stud OL portal guy to Florida. Everyone had him pegged to go to Nebbie and he flipped and said Florida at the last minute. Its getting harder to predict these things. You just never know who swoops in at the last minute with a bigger bucket of cash.

I just can't believe that a kid would be so short-sided with one year left to let a bit of cash matter if he has NFL dreams. Iowa is a NFL OL factory. Nebbie has no recent track record of producing anything worth a shit, they will be lucky to win 5 games next year, and they have an OL coach with 2 years under his belt. At least pick, Okie, kid!

He has played LT most of his career. We already have a pretty good one. Maybe Iowa wants him to flip to RT and the other two don't. Hard to say. A lot of variables.

prob been addressed but Pat Harty tweeted out Iowa is out. Rouse didn’t feel it. How many of these transfer guys were lost due to our OC. BF the cellar dweller in offense..

I hear he now has flipped to Oklahoma. We dodged a bullet. This has gotten ridiculous. Portal transfers should have to sit out a year. That would cut the numbers way down. And there should not be multiple transfers for a player. Go hawks!

According to Dochterman, Iowa pursued "multiple transfers" for the OL, but only succeeded in getting a Div II tackle (thus far).
Given the on-field performance of the Iowa OL the last two years, this would seem to be a priority for portal help. The recruiting misses and portal whiffs for OL, are a real concern.

According to Dochterman, Iowa pursued "multiple transfers" for the OL, but only succeeded in getting a Div II tackle (thus far).
Given the on-field performance of the Iowa OL the last two years, this would seem to be a priority for portal help. The recruiting misses and portal whiffs for OL, are a real concern.
Sure as hell should be... And I think they've tried. But it's an uphill climb to convince folks to play for BF and this offense is my takeaway. In those same last two yrs things have been bad bad. Theirs negative recruiting goin on to the Nth degree against us so between that and getting out bid in NIL 'What's the upside' is probably the kids takeaways considering they have options..

We’re past reputational risk, now it’s consequences of the Brian problem
Yup yup... Going into yr 6 of his OC tenure. I mean come the F on... To have Cade fall in his lap is just straight up luck.. What if he hadn't what would we all be thinking about for expectations for next yr? Heck even with him if BF is the OC and this Oline isn't improved along with the thin WR group it could be rough anyway.

Don't get me wrong they could be better but at this point I just gotta see it first. I'm not going in with blind faith assumptions anymore. Been there done that a few times already.

Latest posts