Championship of Cheaters

longtimer

North Carolina and Williams cheated for years with athletes taking bogus classes. They got off with a very minor penalty because apparently the bogus courses were available to the general student body as well as athletes plus its North Carolina. I guess if every one cheats its OK
Kansas has been under investigation for a long time with numerous agencies involve including I think FBI. But here they are and I suspicion in the off season when no one notices they will receive a penalty which likely to be nothing.

the biggies always get away with it. I fear with the advance of the Portal and more importantly the NIL the biggies will completely dominate and college athletics as dominated as it is now by a few will be even more perverse

I just can't get excited about the game!

. I fear with the advance of the Portal and more importantly the NIL the biggies will completely dominate and college athletics as dominated as it is now by a few will be even more perverse

Then find a different sport. It ain’t changing and no one here wants 50 threads about NIL and the transfer portal.

Pickleball is on FS2 right now, maybe you can start following that sport.

North Carolina and Williams cheated for years with athletes taking bogus classes. They got off with a very minor penalty because apparently the bogus courses were available to the general student body as well as athletes plus its North Carolina. I guess if every one cheats its OK
Kansas has been under investigation for a long time with numerous agencies involve including I think FBI. But here they are and I suspicion in the off season when no one notices they will receive a penalty which likely to be nothing.

the biggies always get away with it. I fear with the advance of the Portal and more importantly the NIL the biggies will completely dominate and college athletics as dominated as it is now by a few will be even more perverse

I agree with you. This is the first NCAA tournament ever where I just have not watched many games or parts of games. I mainly caught some endings of games with Cinderellas in them.

The athletes r amazing but one, the officiating is horrible and two, as you say, it was the usual suspects at the end with 2 teams that have sold their souls to win. Not a pretty picture.

Remember when Clem Haskins and Minny did the academic cheating iirc the Big 10 came down hard on him as did the school and probably more so than the NCAA iirc

NCAA motto 'let them cheat'

Many Iowa athletes took those same bogus classes in the eighties and probably nineties. And while it didn't lead to any sanctions for the same reason of those classes being able to the entire student body in was one of the springboards Hunter Rawlings tried to use when he got on his high horse and threatened to unilaterally make Iowa freshmen athletes ineligible.

giphy.gif

Many Iowa athletes took those same bogus classes in the eighties and probably nineties. And while it didn't lead to any sanctions for the same reason of those classes being able to the entire student body in was one of the springboards Hunter Rawlings tried to use when he got on his high horse and threatened to unilaterally make Iowa freshmen athletes ineligible.

Ray Thompson whose arms hung to his knees

Was probably the best perimeter defender on the team

NCS and Rodney Monroe beat the Hawks in a double-overtime game

Rodney scored 40

Hunter Rawlings declared Ray Thompson ineligible just before the team
traveled to the opening-round games

He was eligible by NCAA and Big Ten standards

Played and practiced with the team the entire season before the last minute
disqualification

Memory Lane:

Then find a different sport. It ain’t changing and no one here wants 50 threads about NIL and the transfer portal.

Pickleball is on FS2 right now, maybe you can start following that sport.

Jordan has the top ten Pickleball tips for Players of All Ages

Jesus, that seems like a 100 years ago. I’m getting really fucking old. Anyway, it is a different world now, what was considered cheating then, isn’t cheating now.

I am all for it, actually. No more pretending…just figure out how to regulate it where everyone is playing by the same rules. imo, we are pretty darn close. Figure out a governing body who can enforce this shit and we are good to go.

I seem to remember Devon Mitchell and others from the football team during that time taking those classes.

Ray Thompson whose arms hung to his knees

Was probably the best perimeter defender on the team

NCS and Rodney Monroe beat the Hawks in a double-overtime game

Rodney scored 40

Hunter Rawlings declared Ray Thompson ineligible just before the team
traveled to the opening-round games

He was eligible by NCAA and Big Ten standards

Played and practiced with the team the entire season before the last minute
disqualification

Memory Lane:

Oof-da. That was a tough one. Almost as tough as 1987 UNLV.

Two additional observations. The graphic before tip off said Davis was undefeated in NCAA first weekend games. He wouldn't be after today, and he wouldn't win another second round game until his final season when we all knew his contract wouldn't be renewed.

Second off, those home uniforms were hard on the eyes on TV. It was difficult to read the numbers, especially when Horton Marble and Thompson crashed the boards.

I seem to remember Devon Mitchell and others from the football team during that time taking those classes.
There was a famous class called "The Composer-Improvisor In You" that was loaded with football players and the occasional odd athlete from another sport.

And other classes that weren't as famous but even less challenging.

The NCAA is feckless and weak. Bill Self is a relentless cheater and always has been. They have him on wiretap and text admitting his kid got shoe money. Such a joke.

For everyone who says get rid of the NCAA, the problem is someone has to set and enforce some set of rules. If the colleges want to burn down the building and start over again, ok.

College athletics has reached such dizzying heights of riches and reach, Congress needs to step in and assist in giving the NCAA actual power and marching orders on rules, regs, structure, enforcement, amaturism, NIL, etc. The wild wild west of college sports is getting worse by the day. When a sport stops feeling legitimate and fair, fans begin to lose interest.

The NCAA is feckless and weak. Bill Self is a relentless cheater and always has been. They have him on wiretap and text admitting his kid got shoe money. Such a joke.

For everyone who says get rid of the NCAA, the problem is someone has to set and enforce some set of rules. If the colleges want to burn down the building and start over again, ok.

College athletics has reached such dizzying heights of riches and reach, Congress needs to step in and assist in giving the NCAA actual power and marching orders on rules, regs, structure, enforcement, amaturism, NIL, etc. The wild wild west of college sports is getting worse by the day. When a sport stops feeling legitimate and fair, fans begin to lose interest.

I agree. Getting Congress involved in matters always ends well

I agree. Getting Congress involved in matters always ends well
I didn't say it was a great solution, or an elegant one. But, even though both organizations are incompetent, only Congress can pass a law that would legally allow regulations of the type that are needed to clean up college athletics.

I didn't say it was a great solution, or an elegant one. But, even though both organizations are incompetent, only Congress can pass a law that would legally allow regulations of the type that are needed to clean up college athletics.

Money talks. Be really tough to determine who is more immoral and crooked between the NCAA and the government

1649124319077.png

Come on Barta, it is time to get Happy. :D Go get that 5 star stud point guard and center.

Every program needs a friend.

Latest posts