challege accepted

olddude

Listened to secpn.
Didi they watch jc or duzey? Oh thats right, we are not as fast as osu, who was in it for the ****.
Or maybe since your guys are fast, we should test their durability.

Listened to secpn.
Didi they watch jc or duzey? Oh thats right, we are not as fast as osu, who was in it for the ****.

Ok, I've read this several times and here is what I keep coming back to. Huh?

I concur. I have no idea what we are talking about here. I think he is saying that Canzeri and Duzey are fast. I am confused as to what he saw on ESPN, or what LSU is in it for. And I assume the "testing the durability" comment is the strategic approach he would use to win the bowl game.

Oh they were saying lsu is to athletic for iowa.
They insinuated, we were powerful but not fast. How is iowa going to run the ball against lsu is what they were driving at.
Well we have shown power, but we have also flashed some speed a time or two.

The speed crap is the usual ESPN/SEC sound bite about the Big Ten. I would like to see some proof. And, don't tell me to watch an SEC team play and see how very fast they are. Are any of us really good enough to watch a BT team then and SEC team and judge the speed differential? Doubt it.

Based on my eyeballs, the top SEC teams have superior speed to the top B10 teams. The speed disparity seems to narrow as you move down the pecking order of the two conferences. Just my take....

The SEC is faster...the clock does not lie. Does not mean Iowa cannot beat LSU. Not a track meet. But,we are big underdogs for a reason...speed helps in any sport

Based on my eyeballs, the top SEC teams have superior speed to the top B10 teams. The speed disparity seems to narrow as you move down the pecking order of the two conferences. Just my take....

I am not sure I agree with this. But I could be swayed. I would think that the top recruiting teams in the BTN and SEC should have similar speed as they
are typically getting the best players in the nation. For example OSU should have similar speed to Bama/Auburn?LSU, etc because each year they have simliar ranking in recruiting. And recruiting rankings are typically set by speed/strength/size and not HS production or intangibles. The best recruiting teams in the btn get the best prospects in the midwest, Ohio, and to an extent the NE. Some of the better recruiting teams in the btn can even establish pipelines in FL, TX, and CA. The real difference is the depth of the recruiting in the south that helps the middle and lower tiered teams in the SEC have better overall speed than the middle and lower tiered teams in the btn. So, since Iowa typically has a middle of the road recruiting class and generally our players come from the midwest or out east they are not getting the same type of athlete as some of the middle and lower tiered SEC schools. But, UM and OSU are getting those upper tiered recruits.

I am not sure I agree with this. But I could be swayed. I would think that the top recruiting teams in the BTN and SEC should have similar speed as they
are typically getting the best players in the nation. For example OSU should have similar speed to Bama/Auburn?LSU, etc because each year they have simliar ranking in recruiting. And recruiting rankings are typically set by speed/strength/size and not HS production or intangibles. The best recruiting teams in the btn get the best prospects in the midwest, Ohio, and to an extent the NE. Some of the better recruiting teams in the btn can even establish pipelines in FL, TX, and CA. The real difference is the depth of the recruiting in the south that helps the middle and lower tiered teams in the SEC have better overall speed than the middle and lower tiered teams in the btn. So, since Iowa typically has a middle of the road recruiting class and generally our players come from the midwest or out east they are not getting the same type of athlete as some of the middle and lower tiered SEC schools. But, UM and OSU are getting those upper tiered recruits.
I am not sure I agree with this. But I could be swayed.

Listened to secpn.

You've gotta hook me up with your guy, olddude.

Sucks you have to miss the basketball game on ESPNU tomorrow night.

Also sucks you will have to miss the Outback Bowl.

But its the evil ESPN. Its worth missing the biggest non-conference BB game and a Jan 1 Bowl game featuring your favorite team. We must not succumb to the temptations of the devil.

I cant wait to see how our Oline matches up with their Dline. Its going to be a battle in the trenches. If we can get the run gm going we have a good shot at winning this gm if not it might be a long day for our boys. GO HAWKS!

Latest posts