Chalk up another close lose to Fran

Kirk would be getting blasted if this was a football game.
Coming out of a timeout, we gave up a wide open 3 to go down 1 on an inbounds pass. Rediculous. No way that should happen. Thats on Fran. Many other things our kids did to waste chances. But, no way in hell that can happen. Like I said, most of you would be calling for Kirk's head if football lost one like that. Awful.

Coming out of a timeout, we gave up a wide open 3 to go down 1 on an inbounds pass. Rediculous. No way that should happen. Thats on Fran. Many other things our kids did to waste chances. But, no way in hell that can happen. Like I said, most of you would be calling for Kirk's head if football lost one like that. Awful.
*snort* "That's basketball."

Agreed. That uncontested shot with 1 sec on the shot clock is unforgivable. The 3 at the end is unforgivable. Guys completely out of position. It happens all the time.

I'd love to take them time and go through our shooting vs opponents shooting in the final 2 minutes the last 10-15 years and see what I find. It's sickening the amount of big shots teams hit on us while we can't buy a bucket or make a damn ft it seems. One made 3 ultimately was the difference here. Yes I understand one play doesn't decide a game, but if he doesn't drain that 3 we likely aren't having this talk....

I had big hopes for this season, but I am afraid this team, and these young players are one year away from the success we desire.

Next year I expect them to be the kind of team that beats Minnesota, Purdue, Michigan State, and Indiana at home.

We will be "officially back" when we can win these close games on a regular basis.

I had big hopes for this season, but I am afraid this team, and these young players are one year away from the success we desire.

Next year I expect them to be the kind of team that beats Minnesota, Purdue, Michigan State, and Indiana at home.

We will be "officially back" when we can win these close games on a regular basis.
I am tired of hearing this! What are we the Cubs?

This team should be 17-5 (6-3). Period. This is three games now (MSU, Purdue, Minnesota) where Iowa has had a 2 to 4 point lead in the last minute or two of the game and pi$$ed it down their legs, and here we are 14-8 (3-6) and looking at the NIT (maybe).

This

This thread is stupid. We ****** away several opportunities to score a bucket to I've things with less than 3 left. We gave up an uncontested 3 up by 2 with 11 seconds left. This is all on Fran LOL, genius.

This team should be 17-5 (6-3). Period. This is three games now (MSU, Purdue, Minnesota) where Iowa has had a 2 to 4 point lead in the last minute or two of the game and pi$$ed it down their legs, and here we are 14-8 (3-6) and looking at the NIT (maybe).

And none of that is surprising for a young team playing in the toughest conference in the country. We've had some frustrating losses, but we're competing in every game (except the Michigan) and this experience will help us next year.

"Chalk up another close lose (you mean, loss, I presume) to Fran..."

This thread is my candidate for the dumbest post so far in February! But, don't worry...someone will be the new champion within a couple of days.

Ummm...in Kirk's third season Iowa lost a lot of close games. It was frustrating but people, could see how far the team had come since Kirk took over. The same thing is happening with Fran, there is no doubt this program is on the right track.

2001 Iowa Hawkeyes football team - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

How do you put him in that game after what Iowa was doing without him.. Still shocking!!

What Iowa was doing without him was missing free throws. I understand putting him in, because he should be an experienced player who can make free throws and handle late-game situations. He didn't live up to that standard, though. By that logic, I wish the ball had been in May's hands down the stretch.

Yes, things have improved. Let me know when the free pass ends. Wide open 3 coming out of a timeout. Wtf were they discussing in the timeout? Bad basketball.

I wonder how many Indiana and Michigan fans would like to trade their coaches right now?

Conference finishes by season since coming aboard in the Big 10 (first season to last season)...........

Tom Crean - 11th, 9th, 11th, 5th
John Beilein - 9th, 7th, 7th, 4th, 1st

You can't blame Fran. Blame our athletes who can't hit free throws or keep from turning it over. Absolutely rediculous the way we find ways to lose games.

I do blame him. Why do u play man to man on out of bounds play with slow 6 foot guards? 2 huge mistakes on in bounds plays cost them 5 points,1 with 1 second on the clock and 1 at the end of the game.

And none of that is surprising for a young team playing in the toughest conference in the country. We've had some frustrating losses, but we're competing in every game (except the Michigan) and this experience will help us next year.

Have to agree to disagree.

As others have said, lots of young teams in the league.
Iowa has mis-executed and lost three winnable league games, two on the road.

Wins here, and this team starts to believe it can 'get it done.'

Not so sure they don't have a confidence issue. A "now what" mentality.

All coaching? No. All players? No.

What I don't see is a team which is improving, in both court-play and mentally wise.
Confidence, again, seems to be missing.

Agreed. That uncontested shot with 1 sec on the shot clock is unforgivable. The 3 at the end is unforgivable. Guys completely out of position. It happens all the time.

Wouldn't you rather have a team shoot a long 3 in that situation? Yes he made it, so that sucks......but it's not like that's a high percentage shot.

So the only player who handles the ball in the clutch shouldn't be on the floor? Don't get me wrong I dislike Marble...but you can argue philosophy and Xs and Os all day long but the fact remains that our **** poor free throw shooting cost us this one once again.

So the player who always turns the ball over or takes a bad shot in the clutch shouldn't be on the floor? Don't get me wrong I dislike Marble...but you can argue philosophy and Xs and Os all day long but the fact remains that our **** poor free throw shooting cost us this one once again.

FIFY

Latest posts