Chalk up another close lose to Fran

HawkPrdatr40

Don't get me wrong, I like Fran, but have no clue why you would have Marble return..

Off to prep for SuperBowl...

Uncontested shot with 1 second on the shot clock and losing the shooter at the end. Mistakes like this are constant for Iowa. White trying to create a highlight reel with one hand instead of grabbing the board and getting the easy put back.

I wonder why he continues to play so many different guys , instead of getting his best talent a lot more minutes. Depth is nice, but it seems to take away from the ability of the team sometimes.

You can't blame Fran. Blame our athletes who can't hit free throws or keep from turning it over. Absolutely rediculous the way we find ways to lose games.

there were a lot of dumb plays by the players - i guess ill chalk it up to youth - but man they have likely blown if for themselves.

It hurts.

You can't blame Fran. Blame our athletes who can't hit free throws or keep from turning it over. Absolutely rediculous the way we find ways to lose games.

So you're saying that, as a coach, you have a player who has 0 points the whole game. You also know this player is injured, as you said. So you choose to put him in? That would be on you man.

Don't get me wrong I love Fran as much as the next guy, hope he stays for years to come, but that turnover, in my opinion, was on him.

Oh yes and Can and DID.. I agree about the ridiculious ways we lose and you can thank Fran for that today. Marble had no business being on the court to end that game, NONE!!

Oh yes and Can and DID.. I agree about the ridiculious ways we lose and you can thank Fran for that today. Marble had no business being on the court to end that game, NONE!!
This. I rarely, if ever, blame losses on coaching, but this was pretty bad.

Marble should have had enough awareness to not throw that ball away. 8th graders make those mistakes.

The play before I believe Hollins did the very same thing. It happens. But the point is, is answering what most likely is the blame for the mistake? Being out of the flow of the game. Fran was sitting him to prove a point, but why bring him in when everyone else is getting it done.

Character or fans come through after a loss...blaming Fran or any one player for that matter shows a lack of understanding of the game and ignorance...this game was lost on so many levels and no one level deserves anymore blame than another....players, refs, coaches, the solid play of Minnesota...this one hurts, but use some common sense in your posts...

Character or fans come through after a loss...blaming Fran or any one player for that matter shows a lack of understanding of the game and ignorance...this game was lost on so many levels and no one level deserves anymore blame than another....players, refs, coaches, the solid play of Minnesota...this one hurts, but use some common sense in your posts...
Let me rephrase. I'm not saying that Fran or even Marble himself caused us to lose. But in my opinion his management of the lineup in the final minutes gave us a less of a chance to win than some alternative, healthy, players.

I agree with you that you can't blame any single one factor on a loss. But you can say that a factor had a major influence on the outcome in a close game like this.

This team should be 17-5 (6-3). Period. This is three games now (MSU, Purdue, Minnesota) where Iowa has had a 2 to 4 point lead in the last minute or two of the game and pi$$ed it down their legs, and here we are 14-8 (3-6) and looking at the NIT (maybe).

Latest posts