Chair slamming or.....shoving???

i will say anyone justifying putting your hands on a player at any level of sports (outside pro where they are paid) has problems and needs to rethink their belief. tell me what you would think if it was your son and he was in 5th grade, or 9th grade, or 12th grade. when does it become ok for a coach to physically push a player for screwing up. the reason it wont be a big deal is fred does have a reputation for it (if this was bobby knight **it would hit the fan). fran has a reputation for being fiery, but i think the chair slam was out of line. really he should act like an adult not a temper tantrum throwing child. since i am a coach i have done stupid stuff like the chair but i have and never will put my hands on a player for doing something stupid on the court (no matter who the kid is). allowing a coach to put his hands on players and not holding them to a higher standard as the teacher of the group is wrong because that is what they are. i cant push a kid when he acts dumb in my math class and to say the two are different is wrong i am the adult. i know that the player is technically an adult but think about when you were in your early 20s...i know most of the time most of us acted like teenagers that could legally drink at my college (and that especially includes the athletes). last i checked we used to hold coaches and athletes to a higher standard at schools because they were the public face of the institution. i would like to get back to that.

This thread is hysterically ridiculous.

I guess this is the type of conversation that occurs in the winter when you don't have a basketball program of your own to cheer for.

I guess this is the type of conversation that occurs in the winter when you don't have a basketball program of your own to cheer for.

I guess this is the type of conversation you join in when you are a clown troll.

This thread is hysterically ridiculous.I guess this is the type of conversation that occurs in the winter when you don't have a basketball program of your own to cheer for.

I find it slightly ironic that a clone fan is saying that on a Hawkeye website...

So you win a few games with a bunch of thugs, and suddenly you have a basketbal program? Why didn't Fran think of this?

the remainder of this thread will likely go as follows:

"yep, ISU basketball team is thugs. signed, Iowa football team"

"when was the last time you were in a BCS game, oh wait..."

"fran throws chairs and tantrums"

"your team is all transfer gangsters who have bad moral fiber"

"your mom"

"kirk ferentz is over paid, ed podelak drinks a lot"

"the clowns are just jealous of being little brother"

"DIRECTORS CUP STANDINGS BUYATCH!!!"

".500 @ ISU = national title @ Iowa"

"scoreboard"

"Standings"

"B1g is better"

"No way, Big XII is better, we pwn3d you"

"Iowa football keeps johnson county jails busy"

"paul rhoads is proud and apparently has a speech impediment"

"pierre pierce don't take no for an answer"

"troy davis was a rahtarded person"

"Iowa city is way better than Ames"

"Oh yea, well we have a sams club. OWNED!"

"transfer U"

"well you're thug U"

"diabeetus joke"

"ricky stanzi has as many bowl wins as ISU"

"sheason turkit hoarders"

"My dad can beat up your dad"

(insert something wildly inappropriate by vintage that only further infuriates ISU fan)

"stay classy"

"no you stay classy"

"I know you are but what am I"

"mother **** ****** is a **** you **** ******"

"^^^ calm down brah"

"this thread has been closed because you are all children -jon miller"

Did i get everything?

Last edited:
It's called a clue.
Pearls before Swine, Fm.....

Pearls before Swine.....

pearls-swine-thumb-300x410.jpg