Good News

Josh was effective when he did play

First game against Illinois he held Big Cockburn very well

Huge presence on the court

With weight loss and foot movement, he will be more effective

He did practice against Luka for quite a while

Welcome Back Big Fellow

:cool:

I was happy when the news broke that Josh was in the portal. He’s been in the program for 2 years yet has not lost the weight he needs to loose and still out of shape. He just doesn’t seem like a good fit for the way Iowa wants to push the pace. Hope Josh can prove me wrong.

Fran has an extra Schollie and Josh is at least a known quantity, so I guess I am ok with this, but he needs to land a difference maker Center in the portal. I hope he told Josh this is a one year audition and if he does not show real improvement he needs to move on. I don't expect that Josh will ever be a regular contributor. He is a nice kid and I sure hope I am wrong.

Josh has three years left if he wants them, right? And is now two years out of high school, which was the same point removed from high school that Kris Murray was when he had barely played for Iowa? The point is he might have a lot of good basketball ahead of him. I don't know if he'll put it all together, but he has an interesting skill set. You can't teach that size, soft hands, quick feet, and explosive (at times) first move.

He needs a personal trainer and nutritionist, I'm sure Iowa can afford that. If he is serious and cuts 25 pounds and builds endurance he could be a top center in the Big. Hope that's what he wants, the opportunity is there.

He needs a personal trainer and nutritionist, I'm sure Iowa can afford that. If he is serious and cuts 25 pounds and builds endurance he could be a top center in the Big. Hope that's what he wants, the opportunity is there.
I wondered about what his deal is. He's been here like 2 yrs now right? How could he be out of shape still? I never heard if he was hurt or sick or anything else so assuming those weren't factors then what was? If a young guy that plays basketball can't get in shape to play 5 mins at a time after 2 yrs on campus then that raises a flag to me anyway. But we need the body so hope he can help

I wondered about what his deal is. He's been here like 2 yrs now right? How could he be out of shape still? I never heard if he was hurt or sick or anything else so assuming those weren't factors then what was? If a young guy that plays basketball can't get in shape to play 5 mins at a time after 2 yrs on campus then that raises a flag to me anyway. But we need the body so hope he can help
He had Covid and it was reported that it affected him negatively. To what extent that lasted and still exists, I don't know. But it could have been a factor that slowed him down at the very least.

Latest posts