CFN Projection: 6-6

Sooby

Maybe, Penn State would get us to 7-5, but this is just like 2006, 2010, 2012 and 2014.
We have a returning starting quarterback and flame out.

In 2016, we lose to an FCS school, lose to Northwestern (who by the way, lost to an FCS school).
2012, Herbstreit called Iowa the "worst team in the Big Ten."
2010, felt like 1997 V2.0.
2006. We still had 2002-2005, fresh in our minds.

We're not there, yet, but seeing how Ohio State/Michigan just demolish a Rutgers team, that we barely beat, shows how that Ferentz will never win another Big Ten title, ever.
Last year, was the last chance.
Last year, was the last time Iowa will be in the Rose Bowl, under Ferentz.

James Kramer, Daily Iowan, in 1997 said that "Matt Sherman and Big Games Don't Mix"
That wasn't, exactly, fair, but "Kirk Ferentz and Expectation Don't Mix."

2016 Iowa Hawkeyes Football Schedule
2016 Updated Prediction: 6-6
2016 Record: 4-2

Sept. 3 Miami Univ. W 45-21
Sept. 10 Iowa State W 42-3
Sept. 17 North Dakota State L 23-21
Sept. 24 at Rutgers W 14-7
Oct. 1 Northwestern L 38-31
Oct. 8 at Minnesota W 14-7
Oct. 15 at Purdue W
Oct. 22 Wisconsin L
Oct. 29 OPEN DATE
Nov. 5 at Penn State L
Nov. 12 Michigan L
Nov. 19 at Illinois W
Nov. 25 Nebraska L

SOURCE: http://collegefootballnews.com/2016/big-ten-team-predictions-scores-week-6

Last edited:
Seems likely considering the schedule remaining. All depends on injuries on the other teams as well. If they are all pretty healthy, I think it plays out as above.

I see 6-6, but easily could be 7-5 (BONUS TIME!!) or 8-4. KF has a knack for doing just enough to keep the entire fan base from exploding, and still a burner under his seat. Seasons like 2012 don't happen all that often for him (throwing out his first two years)

As a fan I'm not looking forward to the WI/MI games. WI defense is legit, and I think MI is going to try and put 100 on us.

Just doesn't make a lot of sense for this program right now.

I think we run the table, beat Michigan again in the Championship game and go to the Rose Bowl again. We are then promptly bitch stomped again in the RB, cause that's what we do.

If that happens, we could still possibly get bitch slapped in the playoffs instead of the Rose Bowl. It's hard to find a 4th school that would go instead of us. SEC champ, Washington, and ACC champ.

If that happens, we could still possibly get bitch slapped in the playoffs instead of the Rose Bowl. It's hard to find a 4th school that would go instead of us. SEC champ, Washington, and ACC champ.

By no means am I on the committee, but I don't see us playoff bound with loses to NW and NDSU whether we win the Big or not. My bet in a scenario like that it would be the one loss team out of the East that came up short of the conference championship would probably get consideration before we did.

I think we run the table, beat Michigan again in the Championship game and go to the Rose Bowl again. We are then promptly bitch stomped again in the RB, cause that's what we do.

Have you been watching this team play? More importantly have you seen other cfb teams play?

not sure if you are serious.

Does anyone here seriously "buy" Nebraska as a top-10 team? Like do we honestly think they are the tenth best team in the country?

By no means am I on the committee, but I don't see us playoff bound with loses to NW and NDSU whether we win the Big or not. My bet in a scenario like that it would be the one loss team out of the East that came up short of the conference championship would probably get consideration before we did.

Can they really take a team that didn't win their division over a conference champ that won 4 games against top 10 competition? I know the answer to that...yes they can.

I see the wis / mich as losses. NOt sure about the rest. Could see a win at Penn st, and home for neb. along with purdue and Ill.

Does anyone here seriously "buy" Nebraska as a top-10 team? Like do we honestly think they are the tenth best team in the country?

No, but last week Miami was #10. I saw ads for FSU vs #10 Miami and thought "What have they done?" Undefeated, w/ GT as their best win. So by that standard why not Neb? They beat Northwestern, after all.

Can they really take a team that didn't win their division over a conference champ that won 4 games against top 10 competition? I know the answer to that...yes they can.

Even if Iowa beat all those teams (losing to all is way more likely), there are lots of games between the 4, so they likely won't all still be top 10.

Even if Iowa beat all those teams (losing to all is way more likely), there are lots of games between the 4, so they likely won't all still be top 10.

2 will be for sure, one almost won't be for sure, and one is 50/50 (winner or Wisconsin Nebraska)

Latest posts