Cezar Down to Four

Don't go to Kansas!
-It's a dying conference (Big 12)
-Not on TV a lot (compared to Big 10)
-Sit on the bench

According to Rivals KU has offered...it was after Iowa, not that it may mean anything. KU has Naadir Tharpe another 2011 PG signed, Tayshawn Taylor is a Jr. and Elijah Alexander is a Soph.

According to Rivals KU has offered...it was after Iowa, not that it may mean anything. KU has Naadir Tharpe another 2011 PG signed, Tayshawn Taylor is a Jr. and Elijah Alexander is a Soph.

The Kansas offer is conditional. Kansas told him he has an offer if someone else leaves.

Nadiir Tharpe plays for same team as Eli Carter. Tharpe is Kansas committ as mentioned and is one badass true point guard.

The Kansas offer is conditional. Kansas told him he has an offer if someone else leaves.

And that is what scares me.

Johnson- rumored to be looking for a new school earlier this year.

Taylor- suspended again this season. Possibly looking at being a 1st round pick

Selby- not a good fit in the KU offense. 1st round lock if he bolts.

If he is still considering them without an actual offer and another PG already signed that doesn't seem like a good thing for Iowa.

If Selby leaves, which is likely, it could get interesting. Did they get someone recently, less than two weeks ago he was listed as having an official offer.

I will be extremely surprised if he comes to Iowa. Pleasantly, but extremely surprised.

The whole playing time thing once again proves to be a complete myth. Top players don't care about playing time. They just want to win.

I will be extremely surprised if he comes to Iowa. Pleasantly, but extremely surprised.

The whole playing time thing once again proves to be a complete myth. Top players don't care about playing time. They just want to win.
The myth is that random people have any idea whats going on in some kids mind. Individuality is a great thing and could help us with this kid or anyone we put in the effort to recruit seriously.

The myth is that random people have any idea whats going on in some kids mind. Individuality is a great thing and could help us with this kid or anyone we put in the effort to recruit seriously.

Individuality is a marketing ploy. Very,very few people make decisions driven by what you would call individuality. Most people make decisions based on a number of factors, such as social norms, beliefs about the outcome of the decision, and peripheral preferences such as weather, prestige, proximity, relationships, etc. Of these social norms are probably the strongest for a high school kid. Believe me, I am raising one. Even the ones who believe they are being individuals, are most often just following the norms of a specific social clique.

Today the norms in basketball are not about going and starting something of you own. They are about joining up with the best players and winning on the biggest stages. Ask LaBron, Carmello, and Bosh about this. For that matter, in a few years ask Howard, Durant, and Mr. Dunk Champ about it.

Last edited:
Individuality is a marketing ploy. Very,very few people make decisions driven by what you would call individuality. Most people make decisions based on a number of factors, such as social norms, beliefs about the outcome of the decision, and peripheral preferences such as weather, prestige, proximity, relationships, etc. Of these social norms are probably the strongest for a high school kid. Believe me, I am raising one. Even the ones who believe they are being individuals, are most often just following the norms of a specific social clique.

Today the norms in basketball are not about going and starting something of you own. They are about joining up with the best players and winning on the biggest stages. Ask LaBron, Carmello, and Bosh about this. For that matter, in a few years ask Howard, Durant, and Mr. Dunk Champ about it.

Do you have a kid being recruited by D1 colleges? Is he one of the top 100 HS players in the nation? Then you know little to nothing about the process. I'm sure you are making what you feel is an educated guess as to why a kid is making a decision, but in reality you have no clue what that kid is thinking. You have no idea what the recruiting process is like.

That is fine, your opinion is yours to have and own, but lets not sit back and act like you are talking facts when you are only stating an opinion......Not a knock on you CAAR, I enjoy your post for the most part, yet you have a tendency to feel your opinions are facts! ;)

I think if anything your point is proving how important it is for a player to join a place that has a good system. Heat has allstars, not a good system. I don't know if they can pass the success you've seen with Lakers, Celtics, and Spurs show in the last ten years.

So are selling point should probably be how much we were able to accomplish with the talent we had.

Latest posts