CC and all the Sh-- on social media

NCHawker

I said a few months ago that there are a lot of idiot CC fans out there are twitter. And they are matched with a lot of equally idiotic people out there. A firestorm of racial he said, she said, F U and on and on. I've followed it each day until I get sick of it. Often want to jump in and 'fix' people but it just isn't worth it. Each time a public figure trys to say something it just blows up even more. Like trying to put water on a grease fire.

I said a few months ago that there are a lot of idiot CC fans out there are twitter. And they are matched with a lot of equally idiotic people out there. A firestorm of racial he said, she said, F U and on and on. I've followed it each day until I get sick of it. Often want to jump in and 'fix' people but it just isn't worth it. Each time a public figure trys to say something it just blows up even more. Like trying to put water on a grease fire.

It's the internet dude. I see it too. I admit to clicking now again. Mainly to see if it's actually real or just amplified clickbait out of context bullshit. But NEVER...EVER....engage. Also, I've learned (cause of all the politics arguing) to not let it bother me.

America's drug of choice is the compelling need to demonstrate how much better "your side" is thsn the other. 99% of it is driven by clickbait. I'll dip in on an ESPN pr legit media post to see if its real. But if it's a page called Hoops Talk or some seemingly legit sports page...they're just mining engagement. They'll post an anti-Clark post followed by a pro Clark post minutes apart. And all they're doing is profiting off engagement. They know they can say "A" because team B will compelled to prove their superiority over A. And A will immediately defend. And the clicks and money roll in. They're making us dance to their profit.

Breathe deep and train your algorithm to give you kitty videos and or attractive women doing yoga in thongs. Little harder to do on FB...to train the algorithm, because it's so monetized.

You should see my TikTok feed. It's a thing of beauty. Nothing but kitties and near naked butts.

I follow “I Grew Up In Iowa” and “Remember Okoboji.” Strict rules. Heavily monitored. Really fun, nostalgic sites. On sites with more controversial trends, I limit myself to like and share when I feel like it.

Caitlin Clark Chatter...

Sir Charles Lays it Down

I wish she’d fukn quit and the WNBA would fall back into obscurity. Then all the dipshits benefiting from the CC effect would crawl back into their dens of non existence prior to her arrival. They could play for peanuts infront of the 200 “fans” that would show up for free hotdog night.
It blows my fukn mind.

I wish she’d fukn quit and the WNBA would fall back into obscurity. Then all the dipshits benefiting from the CC effect would crawl back into their dens of non existence prior to her arrival. They could play for peanuts infront of the 200 “fans” that would show up for free hotdog night.
It blows my fukn mind.

Talk about biting the hand that feeds you. This WNBA class, very much lead by CC, has the early aura of the 1960 draft. That draft brought a big world of new and exciting players. Very important in making the NBA a more national sport.

The childish attacks by veterans wreak of jealousy. Increased income will produce higher salaries across the board, like in every other professional game. More important to bitch about a change in the spot light than get a better contract.

Respectfully, who cares?

Clark is fine and she'll continue to be fine.

The one and only reason stuff like that continues, is because people continue to consume it and continue to get outraged. Stop continuing, and it'll go away.

I'm guessing those of you mad about it are the same ones who call into political radio shows and email TV networks about their choice of advertising.

Here's a solution for the angry ones (although if you're weak-minded enough to get upset about what random people say regarding a millionaire basketball player you may be too dense to benefit from this advice)...move on with your day. Go visit someone at a nursing home. I'm betting you know someone in one. Take a walk. Tell a random person you like their shirt/shoes/dog/car/whatever. They'll probably smile and say thanks. Someone came up to me in Walmart today and told me they liked my Jordans in passing. It was 3 seconds and made laugh, and I felt better than I would have if I spent 15 minutes posting about how I'm mad some people I don't know are jealous of a basketball player who I don't know in a situation that has zero effect on my day or anyone in my day.

Stop giving a shit what people say about Clark or anyone else. Are some of you folks really so miserable that you spend even five minutes of your day being outraged over something so stupid? The demographic here is obviously 50 plus years old...half our lives are already over, people. Call your kids and say, "Hey," or go watch your grandkids play T-ball for christ's sake. Get the hell over it. Let people who don't like her keep not liking her and get some fresh air. You aren't getting this day back.

Respectfully, who cares?

Clark is fine and she'll continue to be fine.

The one and only reason stuff like that continues, is because people continue to consume it and continue to get outraged. Stop continuing, and it'll go away.

I'm guessing those of you mad about it are the same ones who call into political radio shows and email TV networks about their choice of advertising.

Here's a solution for the angry ones (although if you're weak-minded enough to get upset about what random people say regarding a millionaire basketball player you may be too dense to benefit from this advice)...move on with your day. Go visit someone at a nursing home. I'm betting you know someone in one. Take a walk. Tell a random person you like their shirt/shoes/dog/car/whatever. They'll probably smile and say thanks. Someone came up to me in Walmart today and told me they liked my Jordans in passing. It was 3 seconds and made laugh, and I felt better than I would have if I spent 15 minutes posting about how I'm mad some people I don't know are jealous of a basketball player who I don't know in a situation that has zero effect on my day or anyone in my day.

Stop giving a shit what people say about Clark or anyone else. Are some of you folks really so miserable that you spend even five minutes of your day being outraged over something so stupid? The demographic here is obviously 50 plus years old...half our lives are already over, people. Call your kids and say, "Hey," or go watch your grandkids play T-ball for christ's sake. Get the hell over it. Let people who don't like her keep not liking her and get some fresh air. You aren't getting this day back.
If people care enough to bitch, bitch to the WNBA. They are obviously allowing really dirty plays against this shining rookie group.

Yeah do yourself a favor and just keep scrolling if you come across that nonsense.

Victoria Vivians got into Caitlin's face after she nailed a three

VIvans played 20 minutes and had 5 points

Caitlin played 40 minutes, IronWoman style minutes, and had 20 points

Didn't see it live, but I imagine Catlin was guarded by Vivians
Didn’t see either - flight back from AZ
Not shocked at L - anymore, expected.
CC doing her job … rest of Fever so inconsistent and frankly, just unwatchable.
Always an ignorant, self-centered, myopic element that has to cannibalize in attempt at glory - it is WOMENS-NBA, after all. Cattinessssssss!

Latest posts