Cayman Trip - The Positives

NikeHawk21

-Moss showed he can be the scorer many of us thought he might be. His jump shot is the most impressive thing to me right now. He’s also attacking the basket some which he has the ability to. Just needs to pick his spots a little better.

-Nunge was really good in the first two games and continued to show what he can bring to the table. Didn’t think he’d be an option from 3pt land this year but he's already shown he’s confident in his shot. He’s a mismatch at the 3 but a solid player wherever he is at.

-Dailey showed his ability in the 1st and 3rd games and Fran showed he’s not afraid to go to him, even over Ellingson. Dailey brings some much needed backcourt athleticism to this team.

-We will get arguably our best two-way player back in Baer eventually. We struggled most rebounding and playing defense. He’s our best defender and rebounder. Also we should get Connor back and we struggled a bit with turnovers this week.

They sucked and have a lot to work on but at least they should get Baer and Connor back soon

Also they basically hit rock bottom and got their egos destroyed. They were probably cocky and riding high after crushing the European trip and their first 5 exhibition games. This should be a wake up call.

Cooks free throw shooting so far.

Its hard to see any difference right now in Moss's shooting and Jok's shooting. He is scoring from all levels right now.

We played like complete crap last year, hit rock bottom, and turned it around the very next game to beat ISU. We really need to do that again. Rock bottom after 2 losses is better than rock bottom after 5 losses.

There is nothing positive in losing to the jack rabbits
SDS has senior leadership and is probably going to win their conference. I think these three games led to more growth of this team than the rest of the preseason games will.
Against UAB Iowa played with more determination than I've seen from this team all last year. Sometimes you have to lose some tough games to get better. With Baer and Conner Iowa would have won at least one more game. The takeaway is when they get back we're gonna be a deeper and better team. This was a very deep and talented field.

-Moss showed he can be the scorer many of us thought he might be. His jump shot is the most impressive thing to me right now. He’s also attacking the basket some which he has the ability to. Just needs to pick his spots a little better.

-Nunge was really good in the first two games and continued to show what he can bring to the table. Didn’t think he’d be an option from 3pt land this year but he's already shown he’s confident in his shot. He’s a mismatch at the 3 but a solid player wherever he is at.

-Dailey showed his ability in the 1st and 3rd games and Fran showed he’s not afraid to go to him, even over Ellingson. Dailey brings some much needed backcourt athleticism to this team.

-We will get arguably our best two-way player back in Baer eventually. We struggled most rebounding and playing defense. He’s our best defender and rebounder. Also we should get Connor back and we struggled a bit with turnovers this week.
You hit the nail on the head, TURNOVERS of the unforced kind was this team's main killer. Moss is not used to running the break, he's only gonna get better. When CMac gets back with Baer we will have less turnovers.

Maybe our tourney 7th place finish is a harbinger to the conference standings?

I'll take 7th overall in the B1G right about now.

Iowa has 3 cornerstones. JBo, Cook, Moss. Those three need to have the mindset that they are who drives the bus. Till Baer comes back to keep the fire and energy up those three need to be aggressive and confident. Garza showed he's going to struggle at times and he might not be ready to be a double double machine just yet. Which is fine but he and Nunge are going to have to play through their growing pains. They are going to play a ton of mins it looks like.

Iowa has 3 cornerstones. JBo, Cook, Moss. Those three need to have the mindset that they are who drives the bus. Till Baer comes back to keep the fire and energy up those three need to be aggressive and confident. Garza showed he's going to struggle at times and he might not be ready to be a double double machine just yet. Which is fine but he and Nunge are going to have to play through their growing pains. They are going to play a ton of mins it looks like.

Agree about Baer. I think he'll be the definitive on-the-court mentor to the two frosh.

Fran needs to get his players to play defense with energy. I'd put on a tape of MSU or Cincinnati...those teams are competing on the defensive end.