Catching up on Iowa Recruiting

Smart kid obviously, but to count us out would be silly, he currently is committed to a school in North Carolina that isn't exactly Harvard or Stanford in acedemic terms. He wouldn't be visiting if he wasn't interested. The question comes down to what hes looking for, a great education or a chance at big time D-1 football without having to go to the other side of the country to have both.

Yes, Iowa is subpar to NC educational levels...:eek:

Actually, it is really hard to get into UNC. You wouldn't think that would be the case since it is a large state school comparable to Iowa in terms of size, but the population of the State of North Carolina is much larger than Iowa's.

Further, Iowa is generally viewed to be significantly below UNC in academic standing. For example, US News ranks UNC 29th for undergraduate institutions and Iowa 71st.

Woodbury in Basketball had a offer from Harvard
and Gesell had a offer from Stanford
as for the under graduate program he is interested in becoming a Dr.
and Iowa is pretty well known for their programs
so its not like he is looking at a slouch program in the medical field in Iowa

I'm not hating on Iowa but the guy has offers to such schools as Stanford and more stunning, Harvard. When was the last time we competed for a kid that had a scholly offer from Harvard?

Iowa medical school. One of the reasons Rudock chose us. Pay attention.

Woodbury in Basketball had a offer from Harvard
and Gesell had a offer from Stanford
as for the under graduate program he is interested in becoming a Dr.
and Iowa is pretty well known for their programs
so its not like he is looking at a slouch program in the medical field in Iowa

It is impossible for Woodbury to have an offer from Harvard. Ivy League schools do not have athletic scholarships.

Yes, Iowa is subpar to NC educational levels...:eek:

Wow, some people have no idea what good schools are.

UNC is in elite company as a public school. Peers would be Michigan, UVa, Berkeley, UCLA, and Wisconsin.

Iowa is a good school (public or otherwise), but it is not on that level.

Ivy league schools dont offer scholarships per se, but what they do is put together a series of grants to be a defacto scholarship.

And to the question of when was last time...Wednesday of this week. Anthony Morgan had Stanford in his top 3 (hat game) and also had offers from Vandy and other such schools.

And to the question of when was last time...Wednesday of this week. Anthony Morgan had Stanford in his top 3 (hat game) and also had offers from Vandy and other such schools.

My question was the last time we competed for somebody with an offer from Harvard, and that was answered above. I know we have fought Stanford for recruits before.

I guess I was also including your previous comment about "out kicking our coverage" with someone who was considering Vandy (Patton). And so my response with Morgan.

Further to this discussion, Harvard is essentially as arbitrary as Yale, Princeton, Amherst, Williams, Grinnell etc... We are talking about two very different levels of football. I'm guessing you can count on one hand the number of recruits with multiple major BCS offers who have ended up at Ivy or near Ivy schools in the last decade. It is simply apples and oranges. I don't dispute that Iowa doesn't have the academic reputation of Northwestern, Duke, Vanderbilt, Stanford or others, but we do have a reason to believe that we can win these battles as it happens on a regular enough basis.

I grew up in Iowa, attended Iowa where I received a great education that allowed me to get a great job. I bleed black and gold. However, if either of my soon to be 2 kids gets a scholarship offer from Stanford, they are going. I don't care if KF sleeps on our lawn for a month during the recruiting process and Stanford was 0-12 the year before.

I grew up in Iowa, attended Iowa where I received a great education that allowed me to get a great job. I bleed black and gold. However, if either of my soon to be 2 kids gets a scholarship offer from Stanford, they are going. I don't care if KF sleeps on our lawn for a month during the recruiting process and Stanford was 0-12 the year before.

This

I don't know about that. If kf slept on my lawn to recruit me I'd be flattered.

I don't know about that. If kf slept on my lawn to recruit me I'd be flattered.

I wouldn't let either of my two sons step foot into California on a permanent basis unless enrolled in the military. I understand the general point about a highly regarded degree, but there are more important things in life than academic reputation.

+ 1,000,000

Latest posts