Cat scratch fever, 10 inch snow, cat scratch fever...come on defense let's not blow game thread

NW is really good. Iowa is better. Jordon detractors quiet tonight. More to come. Crickets.

Yes, if he manages to go 6-9 from downtown every night that will be great. I'm sure we won't see any good point guards from this point out, so if we can just get 6-9 from him and hold the other team to 72 every game we have a natty banner to hang in IC.

Loved seeing it from Bohanon tonight. Hope JoeT is OK. Keegan is a beast and was so glad to see him play so much. Hope that keeps up as he brings such a different element to the team.
Keegan is the change agent this program has needed for a long time. His athleticism and basketball IQ mix things up when he’s on the floor. Iowa is a different team when he’s in.

If he ever fouls out could he simply switch jerseys with his brother Kris and go back in?

Who would know the difference?
My grandfather was a twin and switched jerseys with his brother at halftime,on a side note they both shopped with there wives at the same fareway.in Boone and during check out cashier leaned over to grandma and said he was in earlier with a different woman

I stayed away after Xmas because I didn’t even want to start with the Jordan hate. He’s not even our worse defender and of course he’s gonna start hitting, he’s an ice cold assassin. I also love Joe T. There is room and roles for both of these guys on this team and we need them both. It doesn’t have to be either or when you have both right? Not to mention that Jordan can flat out win you games at this point in his career and I don’t think Joe T’s game is there yet. Ya can’t sit that.

Poor ole coach Collins. He must think JBo has a vendetta against him. He's had some big games against them. NW is pretty darn good too. They have a handful of guys that can shoot too. They didn't go to the rim enough they kinda started settling for outside shots which was in our favor. But they aren't going away. That Nance guy is gonna be a stud.

NW caught us at a bad time for them. We were pissed off over losing to MN. JBo hadn't had a good game since the UNC game (his only good one so far really till now) so he was due and went nuts. It was gonna be tough for NW or most teams to have came in last night to beat us.

87 pts and Garza 'only' had 18. I'm still trying to wrap my head around how many guys we have that can score. It feels like we should be putting up 100 no sweat. It's not like JW did a lot either. That's how we beat most teams. Just keep scoring

I'm still seeing stuff on Twitter that iowa is a better team when Garza scores less. Its such a bad argument because Garza's usage didn't drop. His efficiency did. Garza making a lower percentage of his shots doesn't make us better.
I agree. We are a better team when we score 85 plus points regardless of how we get there pretty much. Scoring 87 with Garza 'only' having 18 of em shows we have multiple weapons witch is great.

This is where I give NW some credit. They did a pretty good job on Garza but by doing so they picked their poison. CJ and JBo got open looks because of it. Teams kinda have to make a strategy decision of that sort. I almost wish we'd play CM less with Murray in there instead. If you really want to keep the floor spread out and add an extra cutter to the game that'd be something I'd be up for tweaking.

I agree. We are a better team when we score 85 plus points regardless of how we get there pretty much. Scoring 87 with Garza 'only' having 18 of em shows we have multiple weapons witch is great.

This is where I give NW some credit. They did a pretty good job on Garza but by doing so they picked their poison. CJ and JBo got open looks because of it. Teams kinda have to make a strategy decision of that sort. I almost wish we'd play CM less with Murray in there instead. If you really want to keep the floor spread out and add an extra cutter to the game that'd be something I'd be up for tweaking.
I guess if Garza went 11-14 and 2-3 from 3 instead of 6-14 and 0-3, Iowa would have been worse off because Garza had 30 points.

Poor ole coach Collins. He must think JBo has a vendetta against him. He's had some big games against them. NW is pretty darn good too. They have a handful of guys that can shoot too. They didn't go to the rim enough they kinda started settling for outside shots which was in our favor. But they aren't going away. That Nance guy is gonna be a stud.

NW caught us at a bad time for them. We were pissed off over losing to MN. JBo hadn't had a good game since the UNC game (his only good one so far really till now) so he was due and went nuts. It was gonna be tough for NW or most teams to have came in last night to beat us.

87 pts and Garza 'only' had 18. I'm still trying to wrap my head around how many guys we have that can score. It feels like we should be putting up 100 no sweat. It's not like JW did a lot either. That's how we beat most teams. Just keep scoring
We have guys who can score because we have so many guys who can pass. We can create some off the dribble, but not a whole lot. We need to move, screen, cut and pass. Its as fun to watch, a d just as effective, as any of Tom Davis' run and gun teams.

Latest posts