Castillio over Bernstien???

JB (note no spleling errors:) is still in the doghouse for the opener. Hyde is no slouch though, he will do fine and gain valuable experience- expect JB in week 2. (unless Hyde has 2 picks...)

Oh, but there WAS a spelling error ;)

And something else I'll add- I seem to recall an OSU homer, most likely Fufred, stating that Micah Hyde was definitely not D-1 cornerback material and if he was seeing the field anytime soon then they meant we had depth/position issues. Let's just say I really really hope Hyde has a stellar game vs. OSU.

Last edited:

And something else I'll add- I seem to recall an OSU homer, most likely Fufred, stating that Micah Hyde was definitely not D-1 cornerback material and if he was seeing the field anytime soon then they meant we had depth/position issues. Let's just say I really really hope Hyde has a stellar game vs. OSU.

Just checking to see if you boys were into the sauce yet on a Friday night! I laugh about spelling errors as I proof all my emails at work a couple times before I send.

I really don't know much about Hyde, but the guys I talked to were very high on him and I value their opinions. My real concern is around Prater as this could really slow him down if he doesn't take care of the hammy. 17 hours and 59 minutes to kickoff.....

Not really one to spend too much time worry about Fufie's reputation. But I think you are talking about something he said right after Hyde committed. Think it was about physical development at the time.

I also think I remember him saying he saw Hyde play in an all-star game and Hyde was BY FAR the best player on the field.

And the way the coaches have talked about him over the last year, he sounds like he could end up being the best corner of the Ferentz era.

He will be out of eligibility in a couple of seasons. He has one left after this. His shot would be to take over Greenwood's spot. But, from what we hear there are some guys behind him that look good.

I should have clarified. I meant that the coaches may be grooming Castillo for a starting role in a couple seasons, after Prater is gone. My apologies.

The bottom line is that Iowa is very deep in the defensive backfield. I don't think it matter who starts, I feel confident in their play.

Besides Sash, Greenwood, Prater, & Hyde what Iowa CB or S has proven to be a solid B10 player?

JB appears to have talent and has a good highschool resume but I don't believe he has ever started a B10 game. Difficult for me to think of him, Castillio, or Lowe as proven depth.

Besides Sash, Greenwood, Prater, & Hyde what Iowa CB or S has proven to be a solid B10 player?

JB appears to have talent and has a good highschool resume but I don't believe he has ever started a B10 game. Difficult for me to think of him, Castillio, or Lowe as proven depth.

Castillo, we didn't see a whole lot of after he got hurt. Bernstine has shown flashes. Of the three you mentioned, Lowe is the most proven. He had a rough day against Arkansas State, but by the end of the year he was very dependable in nickle packages. I would feel fairly confident if we had to turn to him.

Latest posts