Carver

tom6hawks

Just wondered if they asked the crowd to move down toward the court at half time last night. It seemed there were noticeably more fans in the lower seats in the second half. If so, it was a good move. We also need to kill the lights in the stands so the empty seats aren't as apparent.

Good effort by the out manned Hawks!

I have a novel idea. How about we just get more butts in the seats at CHA. These players deserve a little support and it is time for the "fans" to show up and do their part in helping turn this program around. Indiana had a terrible year last year and quite honestly won't be great this year and they still pack their house. Indiana fands understand that the energy they can generate will result additional points and more energy by the players. Fan support at CHA will not only help the players dig a little deeper but it will also help with retention of players. It's kind of like the "chicken and egg". Are you going to wait for wins to show up or are you going to show up to help the team win?! These players deserve it. They have been through a lot and have stuck it out and are working their ***** off on the floor. They need to see a demonstration of support by going to the games. They aren't asking for much. Are they?

I don't think I'm a bad fan because I refuse to make a 4 hour round trip and spend my money on losing boring basketball.

I have a novel idea. How about we just get more butts in the seats at CHA. These players deserve a little support and it is time for the "fans" to show up and do their part in helping turn this program around. Indiana had a terrible year last year and quite honestly won't be great this year and they still pack their house. Indiana fands understand that the energy they can generate will result additional points and more energy by the players. Fan support at CHA will not only help the players dig a little deeper but it will also help with retention of players. It's kind of like the "chicken and egg". Are you going to wait for wins to show up or are you going to show up to help the team win?! These players deserve it. They have been through a lot and have stuck it out and are working their ***** off on the floor. They need to see a demonstration of support by going to the games. They aren't asking for much. Are they?

Were you at the game last night? I was there and have been to all home games this year except Bowling Green and Drake.

STOP bringing up INDIANA, poor example. Have you ever been to an Indiana Football game? Where are their so called loyal fans? Their stadium is half empty for the two football games I have attended at Indiana. Indiana is a basketball state and their hoops program still has a great following.

When Iowa starts wining more, more interest will follow. I don't get why people have to be suck D-Bags about calling out fans around here. People on this board apparently still give a Sh*t about BBall other wise they would not be on this board.

People stop being DBags about calling out fans on this board, I am sick of it.

I was kind of upset more people were at the game last night as I had to work a bit harder to move down and improve upon my row 39 season tickets!

I thought the crowd looked pretty decent last night, regardless of where everyone was sitting. It looked to be the biggest crowd of the season to date.

I thought the crowd looked pretty decent last night, regardless of where everyone was sitting. It looked to be the biggest crowd of the season to date.

From what I remember seeing on t.v., it was still fairly sparse in the seats behind the baskets, but looked better along the sidelines. I think we all knew that attendance would be better once conference play started though.

From what I remember seeing on t.v., it was still fairly sparse in the seats behind the baskets, but looked better along the sidelines. I think we all knew that attendance would be better once conference play started though.

Right, but I was thinking more along the lines of it being a Tuesday night, 6 pm tip, in a game that nobody gave them a chance of competing in. There may not have been 12k+ in there like was listed in the paper, but it was easily over 10.

Hopefully they'll be a better crowd on Saturday for Minnesota.

Yep, around 10,000 maybe. I've been to all the games and this was the biggest crowd. A number of Purdue fans were there, but they were dressed in black and gold too so you could only tell them when they cheered.

Yep, around 10,000 maybe. I've been to all the games and this was the biggest crowd. A number of Purdue fans were there, but they were dressed in black and gold too so you could only tell them when they cheered.

Did they announce a number for the attendance? I was there, last night and it was a decent sized crowd, especially since the students are all out of town for Christmas break.

in a game that nobody gave them a chance of competing in

I'm actually inclined to think that playing the #4 team in the country probably did help the attendance more than hurting it. Myself, I would rather attend that game than the cupcake non-conference games. As another poster mentioned, the students weren't there in full force because of the holidays, so it did seem to be a considerably better crowd. You are correct, Saturday games (like this Saturday vs. Minnesota) should do better than weekday games. We'll see.

The Carver seats look like crap. Somebody needs to paint those things yellow/gold. The gray/brown color gives it the "just pulled the bleachers out for the high school pep ralley" look.

Did they announce a number for the attendance? I was there, last night and it was a decent sized crowd, especially since the students are all out of town for Christmas break.

The friend I attended the game with said 10,500, though don't know whether that was a guess or official.

The friend I attended the game with said 10,500, though don't know whether that was a guess or official.

I was at the game too... I think after the game Bobby Hansen announced 12K+, however I tend agree with your friend that there were around 10K fans at Carver last night.

I would say Purdue had a decent amount of fans there, but nothing crazy, maybe 750 Purdue fans or so. Like one poster said they wore similar colors so it was hard to tell the Purdue fans until you heard cheering.

It was a good atmosphere at times last night.

The announced crowd is how many tickets were sold not the actual number of people there in attendance which is always far less than the tickets sold.

Latest posts