Carver is absolutely Rockin!!

It's a pretty simple formula really. Win = rockin' crowds at Carver.

False.

Winning will fill the seats. But many of those will be filled by people who don't cheer because they don't want their wife to lose concentration while knitting.

Although they're few and far between, we have had big crowds...but not one in recent history that was as loud as tonight. A regular season sellout doesn't come close to the awesome crowd tonight.

They are called cheerleaders because you are supposed to cheer. Kudos to the fans tonight who did that!

Go Hawks!

I also see Gatens scored only 7. I like that we win against a decent team with him not scoring much. Makes me feel better about next year.

Did we wear black at home? It looked like we did in the pictures I saw. If so, that's awesome and should happen again if it can.

Yes. We wore black because we were told we had to since we were the road team. Dayton thought they were the road team and only brought their road reds, and not their whitey's. It looked good on the floor.

False.

Winning will fill the seats. But many of those will be filled by people who don't cheer because they don't want their wife to lose concentration while knitting.

Although they're few and far between, we have had big crowds...but not one in recent history that was as loud as tonight. A regular season sellout doesn't come close to the awesome crowd tonight.

They are called cheerleaders because you are supposed to cheer. Kudos to the fans tonight who did that!

Go Hawks!

Well yes that may be true so what was the difference tonight? Did they hand out 5 hour energy at the door?

Seats were filled with vocal fans who wanted to be there - not just old season ticket holders/contributors who sit on their hands.

Just got back from the game and the crowd was incredible. Flipping channels through other NIT games and there is a weak crowd for NW, an embarassing crowd at Washington and what appears to be an ok crowd for Oregon. My guess is more people at Carver than the other 3 games combined. I don't know, maybe NW has a decent crowd for their small gym...hard to tell.

Are there highlights anywhere? I can't find anything. I'd love to see and hear the crowd.

Gatens will be missed for many reasons. Leadership obviously but also for how much attention the defense gameplans for him...

Crowd was amazing...As mentioned best crowd in many years and the team responded with an energetic and exciting performance.

While the crowd was great, I don't think it was the best in many years. I would say Wisky this year and Purdue last year were at least as good.

tonight was my kids' first game, and I'm glad I waited a little while to take them.

I can't believe how loud it was.

Thanks to the Iowa crowd (and, more importantly, the team) -- I think you made a couple life-long fans tonight ... and I better start saving for their tuition.

Having a ball rocking the house.! Loud croud.
Sorry about standing in front of you for most of the game, but I was sort of excited:D

So YOU'RE the one...thank you...hope my constant shrill whistle in your ear didn't bother you. was pleasantly pleased with how good those seats were even that high up.

My kids also had so much fun and were talking about when they go to school "at Iowa", etc, yikes, gets ya thinking about those tuition costs.

Latest posts