Carton Makes Cut for USA U18 Squad

You're joking, but aren't you surprised he didn't make it after reading all the tweets coming from the event? From everything I read, he was one of the very few standout performers there. What does Bill Self have against Iowa boys?

Good catch, you need to teach @Fryowa how to spot sarcasm.

I think he was getting so much buzz for his performance because he was a 4* kid coming into this July. All of a sudden he is one of the top 25 kids in the country in essence. I think it just opened some eyes is all.

Good catch, you need to teach @Fryowa how to spot sarcasm.

I think he was getting so much buzz for his performance because he was a 4* kid coming into this July. All of a sudden he is one of the top 25 kids in the country in essence. I think it just opened some eyes is all.
@tksirius taught me everything I know about sarcasm.

And trigonometry.

And how to play backgammon.

He’s a smart guy.

Which I feel is a big reason we should just join the crowd and cheat. Coach K, John Wooden, Roy Williams, etc have done it and have gotten away with it. An FBI investigation found 28 power 5 schools are guilty of violations, but will not get punished. What the heck? Level the playing field and do it. I'll enjoy the ride, enjoy the wins, and not really care at all if a banner gets taken down or if wins have to be vacated. Won't diminish the fun for me at all.
Yep. The only way to force the NCAA to do their jobs and clean it up, is if everyone takes the gloves off and cheats like hell.

Yep. The only way to force the NCAA to do their jobs and clean it up, is if everyone takes the gloves off and cheats like hell.

I bet we could hide it pretty well for decades too.

See you start small and only cheat to get a Top 10 kid every 3 years or so. You fill the rest of roster with top 50 to 200 kids. You start winning at a higher percentage. You do that for 6 years and start to build some reputation then in year 7 you blitzkrieg and pay players and agents and get yourself a couple McDonald's All Americans and a Top 10 recruiting class. Then you pray your ass off that you win big for the year or 2 that they stay. If you accomplish that then you can coast off of your rep. You would only need to cheat once in a blue moon to get some special kids and no one would question it if your winning.

I bet we could hide it pretty well for decades too.

See you start small and only cheat to get a Top 10 kid every 3 years or so. You fill the rest of roster with top 50 to 200 kids. You start winning at a higher percentage. You do that for 6 years and start to build some reputation then in year 7 you blitzkrieg and pay players and agents and get yourself a couple McDonald's All Americans and a Top 10 recruiting class. Then you pray your ass off that you win big for the year or 2 that they stay. If you accomplish that then you can coast off of your rep. You would only need to cheat once in a blue moon to get some special kids and no one would question it if your winning.

Do you do your own taxes?

I taught you patience and being nicer.

blind-leading-blind-motivational-inspirational-poster-representing-proverb-sayings-simple-human-pictogram-50895280.jpg

Which I feel is a big reason we should just join the crowd and cheat. Coach K, John Wooden, Roy Williams, etc have done it and have gotten away with it. An FBI investigation found 28 power 5 schools are guilty of violations, but will not get punished. What the heck? Level the playing field and do it. I'll enjoy the ride, enjoy the wins, and not really care at all if a banner gets taken down or if wins have to be vacated. Won't diminish the fun for me at all.
I agree. I'm fully in favor of cheating at this point. Moral superiority isn't worth shit in a bar conversation with fans of another program. In fact, its a liability because in their view your team sucks and you're a pious prick. Its worth nothing doing it the right way.

I agree. I'm fully in favor of cheating at this point. Moral superiority isn't worth shit in a bar conversation with fans of another program. In fact, its a liability because in their view your team sucks and you're a pious prick. Its worth nothing doing it the right way.
So we should cheat so that we can enjoy balanced discussions in bar conversations? LOL

Rocket Watts made this team at PG. From what I've heard, Watts wanted to go to Michigan but Beilein is holding him off because he wants Carton first. Fran also offered Watts but I think that's been dead for awhile.

On we go...

That's an amazing problem to have. Hold on top 50 guard, we're waiting on another top 50 guard, we'll get back to you later.