Carton Makes Cut for USA U18 Squad

Looks like most of the guards in the 18 are point guards (looks like 5 or 6 point guards). If he makes the cut for 12, he might end up playing the #2 as well.

Well...I'm not into conspiracy theories, but...I wonder how many of the players on that team are being recruited by Kansas, Virginia, Duke, & Arizona. Seems like a pretty unfair advantage to have college coaches running the show on this program/team, when these are recruits who may or may not have signed yet. Just me...but I'm smelling more NCAA stench on this.

Well...I'm not into conspiracy theories, but...I wonder how many of the players on that team are being recruited by Kansas, Virginia, Duke, & Arizona. Seems like a pretty unfair advantage to have college coaches running the show on this program/team, when these are recruits who may or may not have signed yet. Just me...but I'm smelling more NCAA stench on this.

in this class, to me, there seems to be way more high level 3/4/5 spots than 1/2 spots. i'm not saying DJ doesn't deserve making the cut, I'm sure he does. what i am saying is that their is a lot more competition in the front court.

Well at least we now know PMAC's is not an elite recruit, but Carton is. Him playing in this probably spells misfortune for us.

Wait. Sean Miller still has job?
Which I feel is a big reason we should just join the crowd and cheat. Coach K, John Wooden, Roy Williams, etc have done it and have gotten away with it. An FBI investigation found 28 power 5 schools are guilty of violations, but will not get punished. What the heck? Level the playing field and do it. I'll enjoy the ride, enjoy the wins, and not really care at all if a banner gets taken down or if wins have to be vacated. Won't diminish the fun for me at all.

in this class, to me, there seems to be way more high level 3/4/5 spots than 1/2 spots. i'm not saying DJ doesn't deserve making the cut, I'm sure he does. what i am saying is that their is a lot more competition in the front court.

Lol, for a minute there I thought you were talking about the Iowa basketball team.:D

Well at least we now know PMAC's is not an elite recruit, but Carton is. Him playing in this probably spells misfortune for us.

We already knew PMAC is pretty good with potential but isn't yet elite. And, sad to say, but it might have been better for us that DJ didn't make the cut.

So he gets to play for an 18u team coached by a guy who gets to recruit him 24-7. Yeah we still have a chance! :rolleyes:

Don't you mean the coaches of the USA Junior National Team? That would be Kansas, Dayton and Wake Forest.

Or do you mean the members of the USA Junior National Team Committee? That would be Purdue, Virginia, Providence and Arizona.

Do Not Want Now
You're joking, but aren't you surprised he didn't make it after reading all the tweets coming from the event? From everything I read, he was one of the very few standout performers there. What does Bill Self have against Iowa boys?

Rocket Watts made this team at PG. From what I've heard, Watts wanted to go to Michigan but Beilein is holding him off because he wants Carton first. Fran also offered Watts but I think that's been dead for awhile.

On we go...

i don't know that you can draw that conclusion about PMAC, but I think you're right re: DJ not ending up at Iowa. He's too big a fish now.

Rocket Watts made this team at PG. From what I've heard, Watts wanted to go to Michigan but Beilein is holding him off because he wants Carton first. Fran also offered Watts but I think that's been dead for awhile.

On we go...

he'll wind up at Toledo.