Carrol To Seahawks

I am actually with Ghost on this one. I know its fashionable to bash USC football as a dirty program but the Bush situation looks to be all about Bush and slimeball agents trying to latch onto his future earnings, not USC per se.

The Bush, McKnight, and Mayo situations look like failure to maintain administrative control issues. This is where the NCAA really cracks down. Also, the Bush thing is big because they were unable to keep the records of the civil case locked. The NCAA now has access to those files. They were stymied by the silence of all parties as the civil case played out. Now that silence is moot, because they have the court records.

They will not be able to pin anything particularly on Carroll, just like they weren't able to pin anything on Cal, or Granny. But they will bring down sanctions on the program.

Could KF leave Iowa for USC it wouldn't be the first Iowa coach to do so Howard Jones (I think), left Iowa for USC and won a national championships.

I believe Carroll knows the NCAA is about to drop the hammer...they just hit the basketball program for the OJ Mayo stuff and I think he wants to bail before it hits in typical slimy Carroll fashion

The NCAA may drop the hammer on USC. But not only do I doubt they would, I doubt it even less as long as Carroll is there.

There was a bit article somewhere, I think Yahoo! Sports, about Alabama football being on the verge of a real hammer drop for years now... and yet the NCAA won't go through with it.

The NCAA may drop the hammer on USC. But not only do I doubt they would, I doubt it even less as long as Carroll is there.

There was a bit article somewhere, I think Yahoo! Sports, about Alabama football being on the verge of a real hammer drop for years now... and yet the NCAA won't go through with it.

You don't kill the golden goose. The NCAA is pretty bad at even pretending they are about fairplay, and even worse at pretending it is not all about money.

With the kind of money that is involved, no one is going to do "the right thing". With large amounts of money involved, "right" develops a very flexible definition.

Could KF leave Iowa for USC it wouldn't be the first Iowa coach to do so Howard Jones (I think), left Iowa for USC and won a national championships.

It's not gonna happen. Has KF given any indication that he is even remotely interested in a job like USC? No. He has repeatedly turned down the NFL, and I don't think USC goes after him anyway. It's just not gonna happen.