Carlos Quentin vs. Zack Greinke

Carlos is a dumbarse but I wouldnt tell that to his face...

Broken collarbone for Greinke ...

2410013_G.jpg

It was from a previous confrontation....and Carlos was still butthurt.

There was no previous confrontation between the two. Yes, Greinke has hit Quentin twice before, but Quentin gets hit a lot. He led MLB in HBPs each of the last two seasons. Greinke hasn't hit Quentin with a pitch in four years.

There was no previous confrontation between the two. Yes, Greinke has hit Quentin twice before, but Quentin gets hit a lot. He led MLB in HBPs each of the last two seasons. Greinke hasn't hit Quentin with a pitch in four years.

Their history was a part of it ...

Quentin: Greinke's comment precipitated brawl | Sports - Home

However, Thursday night's incident didn't start at Petco Park.

"Myself and Greinke have a history," said Quentin, referring to incidents when Greinke hit Quentin with pitches in 2008 and 2009 when Greinke pitched for the Kansas City Royals and Quentin played for the Chicago White Sox.

"It is documented. I've been hit many times in my career, and I've never responded in that fashion. It could have been avoided. What he said was the final straw. If he doesn't say anything, I don't charge."

In 2009, Quentin reportedly had to restrained by plate umpire Paul Hohn after being hit by a Greinke pitch.

Their history was a part of it ...

Quentin: Greinke's comment precipitated brawl | Sports - Home

However, Thursday night's incident didn't start at Petco Park.

"Myself and Greinke have a history," said Quentin, referring to incidents when Greinke hit Quentin with pitches in 2008 and 2009 when Greinke pitched for the Kansas City Royals and Quentin played for the Chicago White Sox.

"It is documented. I've been hit many times in my career, and I've never responded in that fashion. It could have been avoided. What he said was the final straw. If he doesn't say anything, I don't charge."

In 2009, Quentin reportedly had to restrained by plate umpire Paul Hohn after being hit by a Greinke pitch.

Quentin is the only person in the world who thought those two had a history.

the real question is what will the punishment be? should the punishment reflect that some dude's collarbone got broken?

Make him sit until Greinke is back? Closest thing to being fair IMHO, but losing a $147 Mil. investment for what is probably going to be a lengthy duration is a bigger blow to the Dodgers.

Make him sit until Greinke is back? Closest thing to being fair IMHO, but losing a $147 Mil. investment for what is probably going to be a lengthy duration is a bigger blow to the Dodgers.

see, that makes sense, and i think the NHL did that with one guy who cold-cocked another and gave him a concussion, but i doubt the MLB does this. esp since the MLBPA has so much power. they wouldn't allow a player to be suspended that long. maybe i'm wrong though.

Quentin is the only person in the world who thought those two had a history.

Wrong. Every White Sox fan knows that Greinke has history with Carlos and AJ and others on the White Sox.
The last time he hit Carlos,the pitch before,he threw at his head and Carlos got out of the way. Then he follows with one in the ribs....and yes, Carlos was restrained from going out there then.
AJ Piersyzski also was hit by Greinke several times,and they had shouting matches.
Greinke hits people then taunts them....it is his history.
He got what he asked for this time....challenging Carlos to come to the mound is stupid..Carlos is 6'2'' 225lbs,and was High School football player of the year in San Diego County his senior year as a linebacker. He got offers from Pac 12 schools to play football but he played baseball at Stanford instead.
He is a very low key guy,until he gets riled up. Standard 3 game suspension is in order.

You mess with Hard Hittin Carlos Quentin, you get what you deserve. CQ was one of the most laid back players when he was on the South Side. Greinke's a punk and they definitely have history.

What, did he think he was doing a football drill? Just put your shoulder down and hope you don't get hurt? Pitchers get to throw a hard baseball 90+ MPH at people, don't expect the hitter not to be "butthurt".

You mess with Hard Hittin Carlos Quentin, you get what you deserve. CQ was one of the most laid back players when he was on the South Side. Greinke's a punk and they definitely have history.

What, did he think he was doing a football drill? Just put your shoulder down and hope you don't get hurt? Pitchers get to throw a hard baseball 90+ MPH at people, don't expect the hitter not to be "butthurt".

Are you being serious here? You really think he meant to hit him on a 3-2 pitch in a one run game? What this tells me is it's about time for Quentin to cycle off the roids.

Isn't Greinke like deeply religious? He couldn't say 'sorry' or 'my bad' and then praise Jesus for showing restraint?:)

Like I said, Carlos was butthurt. I was right, you were wrong. Doesn't matter what the history was, but Carlos thought there was something - which is why he charged.

There absolutely is a history and Grinky knows it all too well. Carlos was NOT going to charge until the Grink opened his big mouth. AND THE BUM DENIES HE SAID ANYTHING!! Watch the replay, when CQ stares at him, Zucker flaps his lips open about 10 inches, proving he is a lying POS.

EL GIGANTES = WORLD CHAMPS 2 OUT OF 3 YEARS!!!!!!

Are you being serious here? You really think he meant to hit him on a 3-2 pitch in a one run game? What this tells me is it's about time for Quentin to cycle off the roids.

Stanford grads are too smart to take roids.:)

Like I said, Carlos was butthurt. I was right, you were wrong. Doesn't matter what the history was, but Carlos thought there was something - which is why he charged.

I wouldn't say either of us were right or wrong. We simply disagree about the definition of the word "confrontation." You interpret what has has happened in the past between these two as "confrontation," and I do not.

Latest posts