Cardale Jones Article

I really like the kid too, but after reading that article you can't do anything but feel that Iowa is a long shot. We don't run the style of offense that he wants to be in apparently, and if OSU offers it is game over. I think they end up getting Miller though, but if he thinks he's getting an offer soon then who knows. Would love to hear FUFRED's opinion on this if he's around. Unfortunately to me, it sounds like Iowa is at the bottom of the short list right now.

Rumor is MSU is leading right now. Jones has said for months he is expecting an OSU offer, still hasn't come. Only way he gets an offer is if Braxton Miller is cool with it, OSU won't do anything to compromise landing Miller.....

I'm pretty sure he doesn't like the Derby right ahead of him, and two sophomores ahead of him. I doubt he becomes a hawkeye, and if he goes with OSU and they get Miller too, then he won't see the field as a QB.

Also fufred, what have you heard about Daniels and Spencer? I'm assuming Daniels is ND bound, but is Spencer an OSU lock? Does Iowa have a chance? And have you heard anything about Coe? I don't recall OSU recruiting him?

Last edited:
OSU isn't taking any RB's this year, no offer out to Coe or anyone else. I don't think Spencer is an OSU lock but I would think he is a strong lean, he seemed to enojy the spring game last weekend but it sounds like he's going to take more visits. Don't have much on Daniels...

fufred you are a wealth of information. Thank you. I really hope Spencer ends up at Iowa, but who knows. What are your thoughts on Jones. Can he succeed in a system like Iowa's or is he a better fit in a system like Michigans?

I can't imagine Jones going to UM, RRod is most likely done after this season so they will be a program in flux. Glenville kids don't usually end up at UM, there was an issue with TG Sr. and UM in the past and Glenville kids just don't go up north. Jones has the tools to suceed in any system IMO, but he is very raw. Typr of kid that would really benefit from a red shirt year.

Do you think he'll get a chance behind Miller? Or just one redshirt year as a senior? Or is OSU going to miss out on Miller?

MSU already has a QB commitment, so that will hurt them. How hard do you think OSU recruits him when they have Braxton Miller on their radar? If he wants to play in a pro-style offense, someone will advise him to stay away from Michigan. I really think Iowa has a good shot at this kid and I would love to have him. Fufred are you the real Fufred? If so, its good to see you here (I think).

haha yeah i'm the "real" fufred, for better or worse depending on your perspective I guess. If OSU offers Jones (rumor is it may be a contingient offer) then they will go full bore after him. I'm not sure if OSU wants 2 QB's in this class or they have a vibe Braxton Miller is looking elsewhere...

How long is Cardale going to wait for an OSU offer. He has said that he thinks he is going to get one soon for a couple of months. Is he just going to wait them out even if it takes to February?

OSU will be getting Braxton Miller's commitment tomorrow. May open Cardale up a little, not many kids want to be in the same class as the #1 prospect at their position.

OSU will be getting Braxton Miller's commitment tomorrow. May open Cardale up a little, not many kids want to be in the same class as the #1 prospect at their position.
Do you really think it will make that qucik of a change in his perspective? Its very early in the year and alot of teams have offered him.Its also been pretty set the Miller was heading that direction from the beginning so I don't see him having any major shift in decision making right away.
It also seemed like he was pretty set on going there anyway.

Depends on how badly he wants to be a buckeye I would imagine. Like I said it may make him open his mind a little. OSU wants 2 QB's in this class so Cardale very well get his OSU offer eventually.

Latest posts