Canzeri=Better version of Wegher?

northendzone1

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0ODXDNylRE]YouTube - Jordan Canzeri New 2010 Offensive Highlights[/ame]

I'm definitely no expert but watching this highlight reel reminds me of Wegher in HS...am I way off?

Most interesting post on this young man over on hawk central. Fairly long and enlightening narrative on his recruiting experiences.

Let's see if he can block, take the hits, knock down defenders and hold onto the rock.

But, wow, this kid excites. Of all the recruiting videos posted by the staff yesterday, his by far and away was my favorite.

better version of Wegher? pretty big comparison based on what Wegher did as a true freshman.....then again, I don't believe Wegher is/was B10 material....... ;)

Wegher was probably more suited of the two to be an every down, Big Ten running back, as he was taller and a good bit heavier. Then again even the larger Wegher and Adam Robinson got beat up as every down backs.

I'm hoping this bunch of RB recruits will give Iowa the luxury of using Canzeri how they probably should have used Wegher -- more as a third down back and special teams player. If he can pick up the blitz pick ups and learn some pass routes I think he will be a great weapon to have in the backfield.

More than Wegher, Canzeri's tape reminds me a bit of Tim Dwight. I didn't want to say this earlier as I know this is about as close to blasphemy as one can get :)

Wow he looks good, I guess he didn't get many offers because of his size?

I read something that a lot of New York kids outside of the metro areas, especially upstate, don't get a lot of attention from the bigs. Hopefully we're opening a pipeline to a largely untapped talent pool.

Does anyone have a link to this?

thanks

I thought he might be talking about this post from HawkeyeReport.

HawkeyeReport.com - Message Boards

NY has produced running backs Ray Rice, Mike Hart and Dion Lewis in the last 7 years. I coach in nY, and I have seen them all and Canzeri is on that level. he is a sensational talent.

He played in the biggest school division, and while his regular season competiton was average, his state playoff level was outstanding.

The team in Purple Jerseys and white Helmets is New Rochelle. That is Ray Rice's (Ravens) and Courtney Greene ( Jaguars) High school team. The have TONS of big time speed athletes. They also have one of the best players in NY named Jordan Lucas #3. Look him up on youtube. He runs a 4.4 also.

Canzeri ran for 220 against them and 3 TDs.

The team in the Dome was the state championship, and Ashton Broyld was on the other team. They also had very fast, good players on that team, and he ran for over 220 in that game too. He is legit against very good talent.

The reason he has been over looked is because teams in the Big east have had weird circumstances happen. Pitt had all but offered, but then the coach got fired, and the new coach got fired two days later. The third coach wanted to bring in his kids from Texas, tulsa and just kind of left Canzeri hanging.

UConn had limited scholarships and had said that if Toddman went pro, he would have his offer. Toddman went pro, the coach left UConn the same day, and the new coach wanted the last Scholarship to go tto an O-lineman.

Rytgers has one scholarship left for a Running back, and have Canzeri waiting to see what the best player in NJ, (Savon Huggins decides to do) So no offer yet.

He got tired of waiting and his coaches sent out the video e-mail to a bunch of new schools and got a great resonse.

I think Villanova has a shot because he is a great student and academically, Nova is just under an Ivy in reputation, has shown him tons of Love all along, and is a very good team with coaches that recruit talent above their level.

BTW..he had an outstanding line as well, and if you watch the blocking, its excellent by everyone and they stay on blocks as long as possible.. Great Fullback, Great lineman #63 and just very well coached team.

This is a great character kid, and plays with great fire despite being very soft spoke off the field. If you get him, you will love him!

Looks like really good footwork and field vision. Impressive highlight reel. Hard to believe he had no other offers from FBS.

Looks like really good footwork and field vision. Impressive highlight reel. Hard to believe he had no other offers from FBS.

He had an offer from UCONN. With the coaching change, offer was up in the air as scholarships were thin and there was a need for an OL. Iowa's offer caused UCONN to make their decision, so they offered. I have also read that Indiana offered in this time frame as well.

There are three BCS offers, two from schools who have been in BCS bowl games in the last two years. Not bad.

My hopes for Canzeri:

1) Be better off the field than Wegher was (if all the rumors are to be believed).

2) Find a way onto special teams, and more specifically, become the return man.

Latest posts