Can't wait to sit down and write tonight

JonDMiller

Publisher/Founder
It was my first game back in Kinnick since 2003..due to doing Soundoff each week...I'll be back several times this fall doing BTN work...what a great day, and some fun stories to tell.

Highlight? Other than the win, chatting with Demi Moore for a little, and then standing right next to the Swarm when they came out of the tunnel...never, ever, ever will get old.

2003?!? Sheesh! :eek: :confused: :D
Looking forward to gameday feeds and notes and live bits. You are doing a fantastic job with the BTN; it's a hoot to watch you grow and flourish. :)

Kinnick is my second home! I totally concur.

I agree with Vint. Your show on the BTN is great. Best wishes on your continued success.

I celebrated by buying Velveeta and Rotel today. Really! It was pretty good. The game helped.

It was my first game back in Kinnick since 2003..due to doing Soundoff each week...I'll be back several times this fall doing BTN work...what a great day, and some fun stories to tell.

Highlight? Other than the win, chatting with Demi Moore for a little, and then standing right next to the Swarm when they came out of the tunnel...never, ever, ever will get old.

Is this the first win in front of Demi? Seems like we always lose when she is there.

Wow, 2003??? I really feel for you, man. Nothing better than spending a fall saturday with 70,000 of your best friends!

Wow Jon sounds great, was listening to sound off.... will you be at home games all the time now or just a one time deal? And a question If Demi was "really" there lol how come abc doesnt show the hollywood stars that follow Iowa? Matt McConehey shows up at a Texas game and thats all you see..... congrats on all you have going on!

Wow Jon sounds great, was listening to sound off.... will you be at home games all the time now or just a one time deal? And a question If Demi was "really" there lol how come abc doesnt show the hollywood stars that follow Iowa? Matt McConehey shows up at a Texas game and thats all you see..... congrats on all you have going on!

Wasnt Matt on the sideline with the Texas bench during those games?

Jon
Glad you got to be there in person again. I listened to Sound Off on the way home and it was painful to listen to with both of you on the phone. Hopefully those bugs can be worked out. Just an FYI

Wasnt Matt on the sideline with the Texas bench during those games?

Oh yeah I was just getting at that they show him constantly during a game and if we have Demi Moore at our games I would like one shot of her at least lol just messing around... maybe they showed her while I was in the toilet or getting more beer GO HAWKS

I didn't realize that you aren't able to get to many games. Anyway, glad you could make this one. Let's hope next week follows suit.

This never gets old. I was fortunate enough to have field passes for four games over the last two years, and got to stand right by the tunnel while the swarm takes the field. It's breathtaking, no joke.

The highlight of my day today was meeting DJK's family, and DJK himself.

They are all genuinely great people. DJK could not have been any more outgoing with me, my girlfriend, and her family. It was the first Iowa-ISU game for all of them. What a perfect day! Left at 4:30 AM from DSM and got home just before 10 PM tonight. Enjoyed every second of it!!! Proud to be Hawkeye!!!

2003?! That just ain't right.

I feel like I should just hand you my season tickets out of principle.

Gonna postpone the write-a-palooza til tomorrow nite..just sat down on my folks couch in Washington and a week's worth of road fatigue has set in...gonna rewatch the game and knock off.

But a great day...when I get back to my home PC tomorrow will upload a few videos I took from down on the field...man that is something.

I'll be back for PSU this year, and any home game that the BTN does not air. I think some of the folks there are disappointed I am the 'reporter' for Iowa FB for the BTN now, because I am not a blond ;)

I just couldnt believe how much more 'big time' things felt today compared to 2003, the last time there for a game...it was shocking. I see all the ways the program is rolling right now, and it experience it on the field for a game, and before the game, etc...There is no doubt this is one of the top 20 programs in the nation right now, perhaps higher than that.

Wow my friend, I can't believe you were barred for so long from Kinnick! What did you get busted for? Seriously, I would of thought someone doing your gigs it would have been a prerequisite to always be at Kinnick. I guess it puts it in perspective a bit for how lucky I've (we've all) been to be able to attend a game or two (+) a year. But then I guess, due to paying the bills and geography, there were quite a few years where I too did not get the opportunity to go. Much Kudos in your pursuits. Keep pushing onward. Go Hawks!

Actually, I understand some of your comments over the years a bit better now. Just took it for granted that you had been in the stadium. Wow! You have missed a bunch! Now trophy presentation in 2004? No Murray kick? Well I guess that also means no EMU, or NU, so maybe it balances out.

No it doesn't!

Good to hear your dark days are over.

Latest posts