Can't believe I'm saying this but I hope half of the season ticket holders

I'm dropping 4 season tickets in a $600 section (126) after 11 years. Fool me too many times, shame on me. I'll keep my tailgate spot and find cheap tix when I feel like going. Seats around me this season were stubhub sales all year, I can do the same and get better seats for less on my terms.

Had 4 season tickets for 33 years, never crossed my mind to give them up as I've had so many memories and great moments in Kinnick. Sad to say, but I'm to the point where I'm not renewing this year. Breaks my heart, but with the schedule and the cost, I can't justify it anymore with what is going on.

I'm out after 13 years. Not going to give my $ to an AD that clearly has no clue what to do with it. $100M in stadium upgrades, $55M for new practice facilities, $4M/coaches = .500 team and 50th ranked recruiting classes? Hard to reconcile.

Its a little different situation now with an upcoming new deal coming with the Big Ten Network. Each team is going to get an estimated 50 MILLION dollars from the network! 50 Million, that fat money is going to cover any fans NOT buying season tickets this fall. As far as the budget goes its unprecedented.
Actually, this truth may cause Barta to keep Kirk beyond next year, because simply the funds are guaranteed to be there. It's not like back in the day. People not getting season tickets isn't going to put the program in jeopardy, it just won't look good with fans disguised as empty seats.

Had 4 season tickets for 33 years, never crossed my mind to give them up as I've had so many memories and great moments in Kinnick. Sad to say, but I'm to the point where I'm not renewing this year. Breaks my heart, but with the schedule and the cost, I can't justify it anymore with what is going on.

That's rough man, and I totally feel for ya. I've had mine for only about 10 years and I'm pretty sad about giving mine up. I can't imagine giving up something that has been a tradition for you for 33 years.

Its a little different situation now with an upcoming new deal coming with the Big Ten Network. Each team is going to get an estimated 50 MILLION dollars from the network! 50 Million, that fat money is going to cover any fans NOT buying season tickets this fall. As far as the budget goes its unprecedented.
Actually, this truth may cause Barta to keep Kirk beyond next year, because simply the funds are guaranteed to be there. It's not like back in the day. People not getting season tickets isn't going to put the program in jeopardy, it just won't look good with fans disguised as empty seats.

I agree it might not make a big difference money wise if fans don't buy season tickets, but empty seats will kill recruiting and the overall gameday atmosphere that used to be awesome. Disclaimer, recruiting sucks anyway, but you get the point. If this dumpster fire keep going on for years, it will take 2 to 4 years with a new coach to get it back. A change needed to happen, but once again our administration is clueless.

That's rough man, and I totally feel for ya. I've had mine for only about 10 years and I'm pretty sad about giving mine up. I can't imagine giving up something that has been a tradition for you for 33 years.

It is, never thought I'd say I wasn't renewing. I've talked to many fans that have been sitting around me for years and they are to this point as well. It's sad that we're to this point, but I've had enough. I'll go to a couple games, tailgate, and see old friends, but I couldn't give tickets away this year when I couldn't attend.

It's a pretty big deal when you have people that have had tickets for decades not renewing. Barta will have to recognize and address this next year. Personally, after setting through the Iowa state game last u
year in the north end zone with the Ronald McDonald fans, I won't go back until we have teams that can reguraly beat the worst program in the country. Until then, I'll watch, but at home.

I don't think that new contract is until 2017 and the 50M is best case scenario from what I have heard. Admittedly it is a ton of $, but empty seats will rule here because it is a perfect barometer for the health of your program. My gut feeling is 2015 is going to be a train wreck and Kirk will step down. Iowa does not have the personnel to have what most would deem acceptable and the attendance figures/season ticket sales are going to be abysmal b/c (1) People are ****** and (2) Schedule is flat out awful. Perfect storm coming.

I have had 8 season tickets since 97 and donate $2,500 each year and after watching what KF has done to this program makes me sick and I will not be renewing nor donating a dime to this University until Barta, Ferentz and Mason's ***** are gone. I've been a loyal fan my whole life and I can honestly say that I'm sick of this ****! Yesterday's presser was an embarrasment to the University, the state of Iowa and our pathetic athletic program.

Previous year results aside the home schedule next season is enough in itself to not renew. It's a pathetic home slate. When I combine that with the current state of the program I've also decided not to renew.

As others have said, if the Hawks surprise and earn my respect then I'll be able to get tickets if I want to go. No way I'm dropping thousands on my 4 tickets again.

Latest posts