Can you whack a Gopher on the road game thread?

Hawks have turned into Road Warriors today

giphy.gif

Actually, famous as he was for Toto and everything, Jeff Porcaro was far from Steely Dan's most famous drummer.

That honor would go to a fellow named Chevy Chase, though purists may contend that they weren't known as Steely Dan back then.

If Walter Becker and Donald Fagen are involved, it's Steely Dan in my book!

I ran the bracket simulator to find a path to a Big 10 title and it was surprisingly easier than I thought. I even found a way to win it outright. To win a share, we obviously need to win out. But then we need Penn State to lose 1 more which they almost certainly will, and Maryland to lose 3 more. They have 4 tough games left so it is possible.

And just so people know, I do that because it's fun for me to hope. Not because I think we will win out. The odds of us winning out are next to zero.
What are the odds of a conference tournament double bye?

Given our remaining schedule they have to be at least forty percent.

What are the odds of a conference tournament double bye?

Given our remaining schedule they have to be at least forty percent.

I think it's close to 0% with 3 more losses and close to 90% with 2 more losses. We pretty much know Maryland and Penn State will get one at this point. That leaves two spots left. Wisconsin and Rutgers won't pass us if we lose only 2 more because we have the tie breaker on them. That means it will be between us, MSU, and Illinois for the last two spots. It's possible they could both end up ahead of us if we end up 12-8, but I dont think it's very likely.

The only game I changed was the home game agains Penn State to a win and it put us as the 4 seed in a 4 way tie for 3rd place. It also has Wisconsin finishing at 12-8 because they're wisconsin so of course they have an easy schedule left. If it plays out that way, we would have Illinois Friday and Maryland Saturday.

Probably burst their bubble.

Now we have to take no prisoners and burst Ohio State's...

...and Purdue's...

...and who knows what kind of funk Illinois will be in if Ayo is still out.

This time of year the pressure mounts enormously

The goofs certainly felt it yesterday and they

CAVED

Ohio State still has a chance of making the dance, although perhaps very slim and they will have to wittstand the atmosphere at Carver and the looming presence of being NIT bound

Same goes for the boilermakers, whom we vastly OWE and that balding punk who threw the ball into Cordell's face has to be repaid

Reminded me of Bobby Knight's tactics

Illinois hasn't shown the ability to finish strong and the pressure will be Huge for them when we play in Champaign

The Spartans have looked really good on occasion but this is not a typical Izzo team and we will probably lose but it remains to be seen

Unfortunately, I don't see us winning the Penn State game at Carver

:cool:

The only game I changed was the home game agains Penn State to a win and it put us as the 4 seed in a 4 way tie for 3rd place. It also has Wisconsin finishing at 12-8 because they're wisconsin so of course they have an easy schedule left. If it plays out that way, we would have Illinois Friday and Maryland Saturday.

Damn

The day just got a bit darker

Latest posts