Can You Spin A Basketball On Your Finger?

MelroseHawkins

This is something that I could never master. I've tried a handful of times while growing up but never seemed to be able to sustain it after a few seconds. I've always thought it being pretty neat and wished I could do it.

Can any of you successfully do it? What is the key or trick to doing it?

This is something that I could never master. I've tried a handful of times while growing up but never seemed to be able to sustain it after a few seconds. I've always thought it being pretty neat and wished I could do it.

Can any of you successfully do it? What is the key or trick to doing it
Also never could do it.

I can do it and keep it up there for about 20 seconds, I sometimes can get it to keep spinning for a little longer. I can't do it like the pros do though. I actually still shoot hoops a few times a week - my gym time revolves around shooting hoops or swimming laps. Both great ways to get cardio for old dudes.

I got roped into assistant coaching a kids team. Basically I was just the kid wrangler.
I tried as a kid.
And I tried while coaching. Repeatedly. I felt like I got better. But no. Still not even close.

I think it is physically impossible for me.

Yup sure can. Only on my right hand though. I could shoot lefty around the hoop and even free throws but couldn't spin it on my left hand at all.

I could maneuver it down all my fingers with my right and but I'm no Globetrotter by any means. (Went to a Globetrotters event a couple yrs ago in Corinth MS with my nieces and I don't think money can buy a better time then that)

Love the topic. I'm 47 was able to do this at a pretty young age. Still can, I'm in the gym with my son several times a week. I can do everything just slower and lower.

Tried for years. Can't do it.

I can juggle though!

Can't do that either. Bugs the hell out of me because I've always had balance and dexterity, but for some reason, getting my hands and arms to get the correct motion down is like trying to read Mandarin.

Can't do that either. Bugs the hell out of me because I've always had balance and dexterity, but for some reason, getting my hands and arms to get the correct motion down is like trying to read Mandarin.
Juggling is actually easier than it seems. Try learning how to juggle two balls with one hand. It takes a while but just keep practicing that. Once you master two balls and one hand, mixing in the third ball with both hands is actually the easiest part.

Juggling is actually easier than it seems. Try learning how to juggle two balls with one hand. It takes a while but just keep practicing that. Once you master two balls and one hand, mixing in the third ball with both hands is actually the easiest part.

I've been juggling two balls all my life.

Latest posts