can you imagine how stoked nebraska fans must be?

BEATHARDTEAMS

that UCF team was the shit and their performance against Auburn..... exciting football......

compare that to our bowl game and style............zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

i am kind of excited for nebraska tbh

wish we had someone like that coming in

we will soon be calling them big brother like we do wisconsin

Well, I guess the OP has Nebraska heading to the National Championship already. F*ck, I'm not even going to watch next year, I'm calling it the Frost Effect. Iowa fans, we're so screwed.

It will be funny to see what Husker fan thinks about Frost when wins 8 and 9 games a year. Sorry, but that is the reality of what Husker football is, they aren't going back to being a national power.

450.jpg

They're Mediocre!

Those crybabies! Crying because they have to play Michigan, Ohio St. and Michigan St. for their crossovers and Iowa only plays Penn St. Well losers I didn't here you saying anything when Iowa played Penn St. Michigan St. and Ohio St. last year. You sniveling bunch of crybabies! What's the problem fuskers you now have Frosty so why all the crying. I forgot.........does that sound like their stoked?

I have seen Iowa's last three games in Lincoln. We have not lost any of them. That is a real highlight for me.
Save for a meltdown of epic proportions in 2014, we'd be on a 5-game win streak as well, with 3 of them being blowouts. They've got bigger problems than they realize.

At least NU is trying to become relevant again. Much more that can be said for us. Same shit every single year. We have a coach who's only concern now is setting his incompetent son up for life.

Yep, that worked out great for Nebraska. They fired Solich after one down year. He won 12, 10 and 11 games, but then he has a 7 win year. Nebraska has had 2 10+ win seasons in the 14 years since they fired Solich.

My point is many times schools fire guys way, way, way, way too fast. Nebraska became unstable and lost their footing as a blue blood programs because of this. They have fallen way far beneath what they were, because they fired a guy because he had one down year.

Yep, that worked out great for Nebraska. They fired Solich after one down year. He won 12, 10 and 11 games, but then he has a 7 win year. Nebraska has had 2 10+ win seasons in the 14 years since they fired Solich.

My point is many times schools fire guys way, way, way, way too fast. Nebraska became unstable and lost their footing as a blue blood programs because of this. They have fallen way far beneath what they were, because they fired a guy because he had one down year.
The older, and hopefully more rational I become, the more I agree with you. I've watched a fair amount of real NU (Northwestern University is NU, University of Nebraska is UN) football and I like it because I'm not super emotionally invested in it and can analyze it way more logically than I can Iowa football. NU's athletic department is pretty steady about supporting Fitz - sure, there are fans who get greedy, but they're just not realistic. The guy had back to back 5-7 years, but it was clear nothing was fundamentally wrong with the program and he came back in 2015 and got trucked by Michigan and Iowa, but otherwise went 10-2 in the regular season. Beat Stanford at home (same Stanford team that murdered Iowa in the game that I don't want to talk about) and Duke on the road that year, too, so it wasn't like he had a slouch schedule (won at Camp Randall and beat PSU at home).

You mention Solich - another guy worth mentioning is Pelini. Now Pelini talked bad about the fans, which is a huge no-no irregardless of where you coach, but the fans turned on him over performance. Those teams were on pretty solid footing and Pelini played a style of football that was compatible with the Big Ten. Didn't matter to the fans.

Thing is, Nebraska ain't playing in a world where they can run through a creampuff non-con schedule and then have teams like Kansas and ISU throw pillow fights at them and then let the whole season ride on one tough game against Oklahoma. Those days are long gone, but the fans don't get that. Look, our side of the Big Ten is soft, maybe one of the softest divisions in the country, but if mid October rolls around and you play Minnesota one week, then have to go Camp Randall, then draw Northwestern, then have to play one of the 4 decent-good teams from the other side, you better be one helluva good team to get out of that stretch better than 2-2. The coaching is so good, the weather is a factor, there's always some stud who comes out of nowhere, the road officiating is spotty, etc.

Their fans just don't get that. The number of things that have to go right for even a 10 win season in the Big Ten nowadays are pretty significant unless you are OSU or have some once a generation freak like Saquon Barkley. Wisconsin has figured out something that works for them, and Pelini had Nebraska on a somewhat similar path, but Frost is going a different direction which has been proven not to work so well in the Big Ten.

The older, and hopefully more rational I become, the more I agree with you. I've watched a fair amount of real NU (Northwestern University is NU, University of Nebraska is UN) football and I like it because I'm not super emotionally invested in it and can analyze it way more logically than I can Iowa football. NU's athletic department is pretty steady about supporting Fitz - sure, there are fans who get greedy, but they're just not realistic. The guy had back to back 5-7 years, but it was clear nothing was fundamentally wrong with the program and he came back in 2015 and got trucked by Michigan and Iowa, but otherwise went 10-2 in the regular season. Beat Stanford at home (same Stanford team that murdered Iowa in the game that I don't want to talk about) and Duke on the road that year, too, so it wasn't like he had a slouch schedule (won at Camp Randall and beat PSU at home).

You mention Solich - another guy worth mentioning is Pelini. Now Pelini talked bad about the fans, which is a huge no-no irregardless of where you coach, but the fans turned on him over performance. Those teams were on pretty solid footing and Pelini played a style of football that was compatible with the Big Ten. Didn't matter to the fans.

Thing is, Nebraska ain't playing in a world where they can run through a creampuff non-con schedule and then have teams like Kansas and ISU throw pillow fights at them and then let the whole season ride on one tough game against Oklahoma. Those days are long gone, but the fans don't get that. Look, our side of the Big Ten is soft, maybe one of the softest divisions in the country, but if mid October rolls around and you play Minnesota one week, then have to go Camp Randall, then draw Northwestern, then have to play one of the 4 decent-good teams from the other side, you better be one helluva good team to get out of that stretch better than 2-2. The coaching is so good, the weather is a factor, there's always some stud who comes out of nowhere, the road officiating is spotty, etc.

Their fans just don't get that. The number of things that have to go right for even a 10 win season in the Big Ten nowadays are pretty significant unless you are OSU or have some once a generation freak like Saquon Barkley. Wisconsin has figured out something that works for them, and Pelini had Nebraska on a somewhat similar path, but Frost is going a different direction which has been proven not to work so well in the Big Ten.

Spot on. I have been ready to move on from Ferentz since the 2014 season. If he retired tomorrow I'd be more excited than sad. At the same time I realize that if we just fire a guy after winning 12, 8 and 8 game, we are probably in for a free fall that we are to all of a sudden become a 10+ win team all the time. That is just the reality of college football. You can point to maybe 1 or 2 coaches/programs really making a jump into being a consistent 10+ win team every 3-5 years. At the same time you got 10 programs changes coaches a year and they never get to that level.

agree with everything except the last sentence. It's part of it for sure, but Osborne new what was coming with the scholly and roster limits. They may not have fallen as much as they have, but the end of the Big8 and scholly/roster limits, then joining the B1G ended their blood blood status.

Reality is, they will become relevant again...really no reason they shouldn't be a solid team(relevant) with the money/support/brand they have. The problem is "solid" team is in the 7-9 win range with an occasional 10+ win season and shot at the West. Perennial 9-10+ wins is not gonna happen.

But they "expect" dominance. I've personally enjoyed their 10 year stretch expecting nothing less.

F nebby.

^ yep.

No I really can't imagine how stoked they are...they have been beaten by Iowa 96-24 over the past two years. Not much to be stoked about there. Complete physical domination.

196 - 98 over the last five seasons. 4-1 Iowa lost by 3 in 2014.

The Big Ten brass got tired of the turkey leftovers and rescheduled an Iowa - Wisconsin matchup for the end of the year.