Can Wegher be like Percy Harvin?

TruHawk

He has a lot of skills and with us having a loaded backfield i hope KOK gets creative. We won't win with Stanzi putting it up 20 times a game.

He has a lot of skills and with us having a loaded backfield i hope KOK gets creative. We won't win with Stanzi putting it up 20 times a game.

Are you being serious?
With the talent we have at WR and Stanzi's experience. we'd be stupid to not let him throw it 20 times a game

I'm not sure what you people are seeing to come up with these off the wall questions but I'm not seeing it. Harvin was a threat to score every time touched the ball from the day he set foot on campus. Don't get me wrong, Wegher has his place on the team but get back to me with the Harvin comparison when he averages 10 ypc.

Dude. No. Just no. One major difference right off. Wegher will not be playing on Sundays in the NFL. Harvin could have gone to the NFL after his sophomore season. The talent gap between these two players is immense...

Great talent at wide receiver? Huh?

Iowa has some solid talent at receiver, but certainly nothing that could be rated much above average. I've heard a few posters refer to the WR corps as if it is somehow an elite group. Mcnutt has lots of potential and showed flashes. DJK has lots of talent but is still getting his act together. There is reason to be optimistic about some of the younger talent as well. But there's not much there to strike fear into many defenses...very solid group that could be pretty good. But that's about the extent of it.

I dont mean just like him. We all know that Harvin is a reare talent. I'm talking about he is a versitile athlete and he could get faster and stronger.

Iowa has some solid talent at receiver, but certainly nothing that could be rated much above average. I've heard a few posters refer to the WR corps as if it is somehow an elite group. Mcnutt has lots of potential and showed flashes. DJK has lots of talent but is still getting his act together. There is reason to be optimistic about some of the younger talent as well. But there's not much there to strike fear into many defenses...very solid group that could be pretty good. But that's about the extent of it.

There is little doubt we have the best collective talent at WR than we've had in some time. We have a VERY good passing threat when we have this kind of talent along with another money TE. I'm excited about our WR. DJK is much above average. McNutt is emerging as a force and his size is hard to cover. I have to agree about the talent of Davis. I hope these guys don't strike fear in our opponents. It will make is more satisfying every time they cross the goal line.

Well, I mean, it's not like Big XII talent or anything - we're just the Big TelevenLOL! after all - but we can dream, right?

Dude. No. Just no. One major difference right off. Wegher will not be playing on Sundays in the NFL. Harvin could have gone to the NFL after his sophomore season. The talent gap between these two players is immense...

DUDE you are soooooo right! Everyone knows that the best way to evaluate a kids future is to decide as early on in their career. If I could offer some advice..why have you waited so long to make this precision statement!? My Gosh it was evident when he was in 3rd grade flag football that the NFL wasn't in his future.

I like Wegher and I think he will be a great Hawkeye,but comparing him to Harvin is a stretch.He will get faster and stronger and fit into Iowa's style of football.Harvin just has another style all to his own.

If you had used Tim Dwight or Wes Welker instead of Harvin as the basis of comparison the replies would be a lot different, I bet...

Comparing Wegher to Harvin is just silly. It is like comparing chocolate cake to a stack of recordable CDs.

How about its like comparing the ingredients of a chocolate cake to a chocolate cake (although a stack of CDs is funnier)? Wegher just finished his freshman year of college and is just getting started putting everything together. Harvin is now off to a good start in the NFL, so its obvious he is good. Wegher might not be as good of a cake once his ingredients are put together, but he could still be a decent cake.

Latest posts