Can we continue our torrid turnover pace?

SpiderRico

Thru 4 conference games, we have a turnover margin that boggles the mind. We have forced 13 opponent turnovers and have committed only 4 ourselves.

Now, turnovers often times don't just happen....they are the result of aggressive play, good film study, etc. But sometimes, fluky stuff just happens.

I say this as a lead in to our game against Indiana. I'm not sure that, with Ott out, Meier hurt, CJB hurt, Canzeri out, that we can play toe-to-toe with these guys WITHOUT the benefit of a +2 turnover margin in this game. If we were fully healthy, turnovers would simply be icing on the cake. But with the slew of injuries we've had, I don't think we escape without being at least +2.

However, the problem with that is, so far this year, Indiana has done a pretty good job of protecting the football....especially given their fast pace and aggressive style of offense.

It'll be interesting to see if we can force some turnovers in order to take possessions away from them and allow our offense the chance to really pound on their defense.

Ultimately, if we are +2 in turnovers, I see us winning 34-28. If we aren't +2, I think we lose late 28-24.

I agree Spider. TO margin is probley the reason we are undefeated and will more than likely decide this game. Our D is going to have to beat on them all game and our secondary is pretty good. No one wants to throw at King.

...No one wants to throw at King.
Yet they still do - at least until they get picked. Sudfeld is a very good QB and won't make many bad decisions. The key in this game will be to engage the WRs early and chip them hard. Buy a little time for our DL to get some penetration and, if not getting to the QB, then getting close w/ hands in the air. Best chance for turnovers will be tipped balls. Hope that turns out better than w/ MD. I'm pretty sure Parker has had a talk w/ them about just falling to the ground if they intercept a tipped ball in traffic. That change of possession w/ the double turnover is a killer.

Latest posts