Can they just give the playbook to O'Keefe?

okeefe4prez

This is just absurd. This kid is in over his head. He has no idea what he is doing. The o-line is lost. The QB is playing fine (not surprising since O'Keefe is his coach) and the rest of the offense is just hot garbage. I am embarrassed to wear my Iowa gear outside. FIRE THIS CLOWN.

This is just absurd. This kid is in over his head. He has no idea what he is doing. The o-line is lost. The QB is playing fine (not surprising since O'Keefe is his coach) and the rest of the offense is just hot garbage. I am embarrassed to wear my Iowa gear outside. FIRE THIS CLOWN.

I still think BF was suspended last week for a game for his replay booth tirade and KOK called the plays.

I heard okeefe turned down a few NFL head coaching jobs to come be our QB coach. He's earning every penny.

Stanley was not good today. Inaccurate, no touch on his passes once again. Looked utterly confused, as did our entire team basically.

I went to the game and met some really nice Badger fans (they exist) and about the second quarter I started calling out Iowa's plays before each play. They were checking to see if I had a wire after three straight calls with 100% accuracy. I bet I was around 90% for the game. I was never a coach, I played high school ball, but if I can do this how do you think guys that get paid do? There is no way we "out-physical" Wisconsin. We at least have to be unpredictable. Stanley just plain had no time and when he did he was uncharacteristically wild. Wisconsin could have lined up and run every play and probably would have won, but in the second half they used misdirection, play action, and had us off balance. They play power football with deception, why can't we?

Stanley was not good today. Inaccurate, no touch on his passes once again. Looked utterly confused, as did our entire team basically.

Let me explain what happened. Wisconsin runs a 3-4. They usually rush the three down linemen and then one linebacker. 4 guys rushing. 7 drop back. Our receivers are not very good. Our TEs are okay. Point is, when we have 4 guys in routes but they have 7 back, we ain't gonna get open. Plus, their LBs stayed home every time we tried to throw to the RBs. Good discipline. So that was problem 1. But problem 2 below is the bigger problem:

Every single time that Stanley dropped back our offensive line had absolutely no idea who to block and one guy ran free at the QB on almost every passing play. They used a few stunts as well. Not to mention once we got confused, something as simple as an inside move left our linemen with pants full of crap and no one to block. Stanley was actually remarkably good under the circumstances. You throw Jake Christensen or JVB into that mess and we would have thrown 4 picks and had like 8 yards of total offense. That was absolutely the worst line play I've ever seen out of Iowa and I've seen some dandies.

I went to the game and met some really nice Badger fans (they exist) and about the second quarter I started calling out Iowa's plays before each play. They were checking to see if I had a wire after three straight calls with 100% accuracy. I bet I was around 90% for the game. I was never a coach, I played high school ball, but if I can do this how do you think guys that get paid do? There is no way we "out-physical" Wisconsin. We at least have to be unpredictable. Stanley just plain had no time and when he did he was uncharacteristically wild. Wisconsin could have lined up and run every play and probably would have won, but in the second half they used misdirection, play action, and had us off balance. They play power football with deception, why can't we?

A stark contrast from last week. I was caught off guard last week.

Let me explain what happened. Wisconsin runs a 3-4. They usually rush the three down linemen and then one linebacker. 4 guys rushing. 7 drop back. Our receivers are not very good. Our TEs are okay. Point is, when we have 4 guys in routes but they have 7 back, we ain't gonna get open. Plus, their LBs stayed home every time we tried to throw to the RBs. Good discipline. So that was problem 1. But problem 2 below is the bigger problem:

Every single time that Stanley dropped back our offensive line had absolutely no idea who to block and one guy ran free at the QB on almost every passing play. They used a few stunts as well. Not to mention once we got confused, something as simple as an inside move left our linemen with pants full of crap and no one to block. Stanley was actually remarkably good under the circumstances. You throw Jake Christensen or JVB into that mess and we would have thrown 4 picks and had like 8 yards of total offense. That was absolutely the worst line play I've ever seen out of Iowa and I've seen some dandies.

so.... outcoached. Yep.

Doesn't matter what plays are called if you can't block,to many times saw guard and tackle blocking same guy and someone coming in untouched.You have to catch the ball when thrown to you.How many times did our DE pinch in and play went around them.Need more Epennesa and less Hesse against big line men he was getting man handled.Youngsters will learn from this,flush it,get better and win the last three.

so.... outcoached. Yep.
Yeah, look, Michigan State tossed our line around like ragdolls and that is somewhat understandable when you are young. But today's debacle was just a fundamental lack of understanding of assignments. Look, it ain't easy to block that scheme, but this is not the first time Kurt has seen a 3-4 like that. It used to be that when he saw one, we would have a good enough line to run down their throat so they had to adjust the defense, but today was a 26 carry for 25 yards effort, so toss that out the window.

Doesn't matter what plays are called if you can't block,to many times saw guard and tackle blocking same guy and someone coming in untouched.You have to catch the ball when thrown to you.How many times did our DE pinch in and play went around them.Need more Epennesa and less Hesse against big line men he was getting man handled.Youngsters will learn from this,flush it,get better and win the last three.

Yep. Hell, I think on one of those stunts, the DE ran by three Iowa linemen who were all blocking or thinking about blocking the tackle.

Latest posts