Can the damage be un-done after one year?

EMik21

First off, sorry, this is a bit of a long read, so if you don't like long posts, this probably isn't really for you then.

Is it best for the program to bring in a new coordinator who has a background in running a pro-style passing offense that we all know takes shots down the field and stretches the field at the end of this season, or to continue with the young kids who have spent the whole year "trying to learn" this new West Coast system?

The reason I ask is that Brian Ferentz or somebody else familiar with our program (Coach Campbell) could probably take over as O-Coordinator and bring back the 5 step and 7 step drop passing game/route tree, but would we be in this same predicament next year?

I would like to think no, we can back to the pro-style passing attack and implement it fairly easily since most players back next year (key Juniors and Seniors at the WR, TE and o-line positions) have knowledge of the old system and can help develop and teach the younger guys who have just been here under coach Davis (true freshman).

I just can't understand how the players every week are constantly preaching that they are so close and that it's not that much different of a system. I know they are told to say this, but there isn't much confidence in their play or interviews when speaking about it. When players are doing their exit interviews at the end of this season, Kirk needs to get the direct truth, if he isn't already seeing this himself.

I really hope that this is just JVB having a tough time understanding where everyone is supposed to be and trusting his o-line and WR's, but if Rudock isn't anywhere near being ready either (having the same difficulties in practice), then I think that Kirk has to let coach Davis go at seasons end, even if he isn't the main problem...for the sake of the program.

Finally, yes I do know that JVB has missed a lot of open guys and it's not all play-calling.
Thoughts HawkeyeNation...?